Hey Everyone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDew

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Been a Guest for a few days and I've just made myself an account. I currently do not own any reptiles, however, I am interested in getting one soon. I am in the process of researching species and looking at getting a licence soon. Also, I'm from the Gold Coast, and I'm also wondering if there is anything I should think about or do before I get my licence and whilst looking as species of snakes.

So yeah, that's it...

:D

Welcome :)

You're on the right track! I can't comment in the licensing process in QLD myself but there will be someone here who can.

All you're going to need to do is a lot of research. Once you've chosen what to get you can organise the specifics.

The next step is to get the snake and start planning for the next 7 ;)

One of the sponsors on here southern cross reptiles has a good article on road testing snakes as pets. Go to their home page and look under articles by Doc Rock. Whilst it's only his opinion Simon Stone is a very experienced keeper and breeder of reptiles and is very well respected. He scores various breeds on things like cost size temperament etc.

Joe

Welcome to APS! Get yourself a good book on reptiles to read up on. "Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons" is a good one if you are interested in snakes. And there is plenty of info on the net as well, as Joe said.

Hey welcome, enjoy the adventure. Careful it does become addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back