Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Stimmie is named Earle because we brought him home in our El Camino, if you've seen the show you'll know what i mean.
My 4yr old Bredli girl is Shiela because she's a bonza Aussie redheaded shiela.
My young Bredli girl is Alice, because that's where she's from & my Jungle Is Jim.

Called our little Darwin Ares, after the god of war. He was crazy feisty. The breeder had both his parents out so we could meet them, and while the other girl was holding him, Ares struck at his father who is fully grown. I can't even count how many bites I copped on the first day when moving him between his travel tub and new enclosure. Poor thing must have felt so vulnerable.

We thought he should have a name that reflected his tendency to attack anything that moved though, so Ares it was.

After letting him settle in with no handling, and getting some consistent feeds, he is now super quiet. Doesn't strike or get cage defensive, and is quite curious to come out and explore. We don't handle much at all, and it seems to be working well for him. It's lovely to see him go from quite stressed to relaxed and calm :)

my 12 foot carpet is called - Mittens - Not going to tell you why.

A friend of mine called his Diamond - Neil - its a 70s thing if you dont know.

We have 3 childrens.
One is a yearling, her name is Chrissy. She was born on Xmas day.
The other two are hatchies, well almost 4months old now. Their names are Bettlejuice and Morf.

When we got them, Bettlejuice was super skittish, and very active. Plus he was a little bugger to get out of his tank. The name was a bit of a joke at first, but it stuck.
Morf was was the most super chilled lil thing. About the only time he'd be active, was when he he'd go for a climb in his tank. Perfectly calm to pick up and handle. As if he was on morphine. The name just suited him.

But about a month ago we switched their tanks, mainly so morf could enjoy climbing in the taller tank. Something happened overnight. Because now, Morf has cage rage and just won't stop moving once he's out of his tank. And Bettlejuice is the most calm and placid little guy. All he wants to do when I get him out, is just curl up in my hand.

I think that their personalities are just changing as they are getting older. But it doesn't stop me telling people that the tank is possessed lol.

Fil...

First is Amity, and although Amity actually means 'Friendship', it reminds me of Amityville horror, and the Amity affliction.. Since Amity is really a weird/quirky snake, I thought it sorta suited. Also, I didn't pick Amity.. my partner did :p I agreed though.

i was gunna name anarcy amity after taa as well. but sometimes he is not so friendly. that band saved my life. me n my ex loved the band :L

Awesome haha! My amity isn't too friendly a lot of the time either, but she's a big wuss. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panda for the panda pattern on her head, Satan because he's the devil, Striker because he used to bite, Mustard because she's yellow, Red because he's red. Princess because she's a picky little princess. Sniffles because he likes to hiss (a lot). Pretty because she's pretty. Charlie was her originally name, Hippo because he's fat as a hippo AND a hungry, hungry hippo (all the time). Olive because she's a mini olive python, Toast because he has flecks and Vegemite because she's black.

Phew, did I miss anyone? =o

My new Bredli is called, Tate.
It means "cheerful"
In Native American it means "he who talks too much" ( which I find super ironic )
Also the name of a character on my favourite TV show. (American Horror Story)

Loving all the names and stories!

Names! I love names. All my babies have names course some are more creative than others lol.

Called my first Snake "Nake" cos she was a tiny little carpet python, too small and cute to be a whole "snake".

Had a "Barney" Stimson. A Charles and Charlotte Darwin, Twinkie the Albino Darwin (named after the snackfood and the giant retic of the same name and colour), Henry and Marion the Roughscales (cos Indiana Jones is afraid.of snakes), Archie the coastal jag with a butterfly on his head. Then they start getting kind of descriptive like "Red", "Stripey", "Spot & Spotette", And my hold back Stimmy "Backflip Betty" cos she flings herself out of the tub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back