Eucalyptus mulch

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chubbs14

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone uses or knows if it's safe to use Eucalyptus mulch with bearded dragons? Stuff purchased from bunnings.

I have used the (I think it's called eucimulch) from bunnings for them and snake I liked it.

The only problem I can see with a product like that is it might be too easy for any prey to hide in it. Unless you hand feed your beardie(s).

I've used it in the past for gippies, and have always used it for my lacies, because I find it holds good moisture. I change out completely every 6 months for the lacies, and at a depth of about 100/150mill, I find it can get pretty dusty with a lot of action on the ground if I don't keep it watered. If you dry it out first and get rid of the dust, i think it should be ok. In saying that, I've never kept beardies on it,,,,,,,, but I really can't see it being a problem. Just remember, its pretty wet when you first get it. Have you looked at the " softfall" bunnings also sell? Chipped alot less aggressive without the sharp splinters. Stick your finger in a bag of each and feel the difference.

I use the play sand from bunnings. Dry it out first and compact it when you put it in.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back