Just some reassurance

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horn20

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Just looking for a bit of reassurance. Sway is feeding, taking a fuzzy mouse every 7 days, and defecating about 2 days later. She is about 58cm long and weighs approx. 42 grams. The thing is, she hasn't shed yet, I've had her since 16th March, and kind of figured that she would have, at least, started to shed by now. Is this an issue, or am i being an over protective new dad?
Thanks in advance.

Oh, sway is a darwin.

She may have had a shed just before you got her. If she is defecating two days after feeding it may be time to up her food size too. Try her on fuzzy rats.

You've only had it for 3 weeks. He will shed when he are ready.

Hey all,
Just looking for a bit of reassurance. Sway is feeding, taking a fuzzy mouse every 7 days, and defecating about 2 days later. She is about 58cm long and weighs approx. 42 grams. The thing is, she hasn't shed yet, I've had her since 16th March, and kind of figured that she would have, at least, started to shed by now. Is this an issue, or am i being an over protective new dad?
Thanks in advance.

Oh, sway is a darwin.

Hi :)

Give it time. There is no set time between sheds but being that you've only had her for three weeks (and it is possible she she'd just before you got her) you could be in for a few more weeks waiting yet.

As long as she's well otherwise then no need to worry

:D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I approximate shedding time around the 6 week mark. Bit more bit less, but around about. They are all different but that's just a gauge for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back