Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakegirlie

Reaction score
i am looking at getting my first snake and can't decide between a blond spotted python or a tanami woma.
what do you guys think? any pros and cons?

I'd go for the woma purely because of the looks and personality.

Spotteds, and stimmies etc are great first snakes, but I have heard from many people here that womas are so beautiful and verrrry curious snakes. Plus they LOOOOOOOOVE food. So feeding would rare if ever be an issue. I would go with a Woma, as when you think about it there isn't really a 'good' first snake, as all thier personalities differ.

I reckon woma just cause they are super pretty and very curious animals + great feeders
Spotteds are a good first snake cause they are usually pretty docile and they don't get too big

Womas are bigger, and inquisitive (With their mouths too but dont let that scare you confidence is KEY!)

Plus, when you get into the hobby, most people end up owning more than one snake within a year or 2, so.. Which ever one you dont get, I'm sure you will end up getting it at some point. :)

Also DO YOUR RESEARCH. :D

There is always darwin pythons! This is mine :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd....-9/1897917_10152068834816298_1667878053_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If new to snakes I'd say the stimmie as they don't grow as large as Woma's, though in saying that most of the experiences with my Woma have been good, even when getting poked and prodded by the vet.
Haven't heard of too many bad stories about either sp.

yeah i like the look of the woma and the fact that they have more of a personality, but not sure if i should start with something smaller like the spotted.

What a beautiful Darwin [MENTION=38897]Beans[/MENTION]! I went with one of these as my first.

I'm very interested in a woma as a second though, they get such high praise from everyone on here.

I think size is the biggest concern, if you don't mind it getting large then the womas seem wonderful :)

Tanami Woma, if you are lucky you will get one like mine which is the most placid of snakes; sort of sucks the rats in rather than attacking them....

Spotteds are very, very resilient and will allow you many mistakes before they suffer. I'm not sure if this is true for womas too.

To say that spotteds don't have as much personality is a load of crap.

All snakes have thier own personality. As does anything with soul, spotteds are just very laid back, and you can make mistakes and it wont bother them too much.

WA womas dont get that much bigger than spotteds, so i wouldnt be basing your choice on size. Just go by what you think looks best and what sort of cage you have/want

Good choice I got one last week very laid back

Of all our snakes, Bredli, Diamonds, BHPs & spotteds, the spotteds tend to be the most aggressive. I think they have "small snake syndrome" - just like yappy little dogs :)

ok now i have a dilemma i went to friends house and meet these to gorgeous animals
a2eqyhu7.jpg
mu7ejepy.jpg

i showed mum and she said she actually prefers the bigger one which was surprising so she said i can get a diamond python provided that when it got bigger it went into an outside enclosure. so now im thinking i want a diamond python now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back