Reptiles in Tasmania

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregcranston

Reaction score
Can you really not bring reptiles into Tasmania, not even bearded dragons? If I was to move from VIC to TAS, would I really not be able to bring my beardies? Seems strange.

Can you really not bring reptiles into Tasmania, not even bearded dragons? If I was to move from VIC to TAS, would I really not be able to bring my beardies? Seems strange.

No import or export.
You can however apply for a license to take from the wild. I don't know the specifics on this though.

Yep you'd be Beardieless Tasmanias worse then WA in there reptile laws only because you can export from wa

You can catch and keep elapids though, much better than lizards and pythons ;)

I could easily and happily get work in Tassie but their reptile prohibition laws are a deterrent. I know people in Tassie whom have a Diamond Python and the local cops are aware but don't care. Its a ridiculous law in the 21st century what exactly are Dept. of Environment achieving preventing the legal importation of mainland species of reptiles to the island state? I can't imagine its disease control as the state isn't exactly well endowed with species and the likeliness of any mainland species establishing wild populations in the cool climate of Tassie is very unlikely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back