Breeding BHP's in Victoria techniques.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levold

Reaction score
Hey, I was thinking of trying to breed my 2 BHP's this year. What is the right month to do it in Victoria? And do they need the heating turned off at night or just reduced to a certain degree?
Currently both their wnclosures have a hot end temp set at a constant 31oC and they have 12 hours light 12 hours dark.
Male is 3.2 kg and 6.6ft Female is 7.2kg and 8ft.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have a listen to the interview I did on Reptile Radio Australia. It might help answer some questions.
T

It varies all over Vic, & other parts for Australia for that mater. You coming from Noojee more southern Vic is different to me being more northern Vic. Hot days cold nights as a rule of thumb & a good reference is the book keeping & breeding Aust Pythons, Neil does a great starting point article in regards to basic breeding techniques. To be honest there is just some parts of breeding BHP's you need to work out for yourself on top of the info Neil gives & what T spoke about in that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back