Biting Stimson

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringess

Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
Hi, I have a female Velvet Stimson who is about 2 1/2 years old and have had her for 2 years. I handle her 3 or 4 times a week. Recently she has decided to bite me and hangs on when I try to get her out of the enclosure. She is fed a hopper rat weekly and is taken out of her enclosure to feed. Help, I thought these pythons were placid. What I am doing wrong?

Try putting some hand sanitizer on before picking her up. They usually don't like the smell or taste. Anything changed with your setup?

Hi, I have a female Velvet Stimson who is about 2 1/2 years old and have had her for 2 years. I handle her 3 or 4 times a week. Recently she has decided to bite me and hangs on when I try to get her out of the enclosure. She is fed a hopper rat weekly and is taken out of her enclosure to feed. Help, I thought these pythons were placid. What I am doing wrong?

If shes biting and hanging on then shes hungry, go up a food size and she should go back to normal.

Feed twice in the one sitting. Give one item wait till consumed then when she starts moving around offer the other item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back