My new Knobbie Leo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
Well guys and gals just had to show off my cute kobbie Leo, I'm extremely happy with him :)

1781110_476577599136279_2689104507725060930_o.jpg

Where did you get this little beauty from? I am looking into getting a couple of knobbies for my son (10) to breed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice new addition, congrats! You're getting quite a nice collection of geckos going :)

Nice little guy, its a levis pilbarensis?

What are the main visual differences between the pilbarensis , occidentalis and levis? I am looking at all three but have not seen enough pictures of all three and have not had the pictures side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im no expert when it comes to N. levis subspecies, but in general I find that levis levis can be quite similar to pilbs, however pilbs tend to have more darker (mottling/marbling) colouring present. Levis levis have larger white spots than Occi's which are generally paler than the other subspecies and lack most patterning, besides varying degrees of delicate white spotting.

Please correct me if Im wrong Nephrurus owners.

Im no expert when it comes to N. levis subspecies, but in general I find that levis levis can be quite similar to pilbs, however pilbs tend to have more darker (mottling/marbling) colouring present. Levis levis have larger white spots than Occi's which are generally paler than the other subspecies and lack most patterning, besides varying degrees of delicate white spotting.

Please correct me if Im wrong Nephrurus owners.
of size of the spines/dots on their back. all levis seem to have both lighter and darker, the pilbarenses (my favourite) having quite a diverse pattern and colours.

- - - Updated - - -

And from what I remember occys are the largest, levis and pilbs are similar in size but male pilbs are much smaller than females.

They've been something I wanted for a while glad I finally got one, he's incredible!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Knobtail heaven , nice Pilb. Might want to check out a few I've bred this season , my Facebook page is named MrBalmain Levis , if you can't get in just ask to add.
i can bet on Leo not being your last !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back