Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
up date on xena just freshly shed and looking pretty, and still my little puppydog

Attachments

• DSCN0494.jpg
    DSCN0494.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 143
zerybuze.jpg

Hi all this is my baby bredli. I've had him for a week now and been bitten 12 times. Has anyone else had this kind of trouble with a bredli?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
It has nothing to do with him being a bredli but everything to do with not letting him settle in to his new home & stressing him out.
Bredli's are a darling of a snake for the most part so let him settle for a week or so & he should be fine.

Hi all this is my baby bredli. I've had him for a week now and been bitten 12 times. Has anyone else had this kind of trouble with a bredli?

[MENTION=40224]Billy91[/MENTION], PappaSmurf is right, it is not just because he is a Bredli, I have a Albino Darwin that probably tagged me 12 times the first time I got her out the cage. I have found over the last week and a bit, that slow and steady wins the race, let them settle in, I covered her cage over just to give her some privacy, invest in a hook if needed, the first couple of times even using the hook she would still bite me, but it is getting better, to the point I can hook her out and she is better than she was. She still goes me if I put my hand in there but now it's not a bite but more of " Go Away " strike. When I do take her out, it is only for a few minutes at a time ( unless she is getting a stretch outside ), make sure he is not hungry, from what I have read, a strike and retreat is a " go away " and a strike and latch on is a "hunger". This is only what I have done, and I am still new to herps to, so don't take my word for gospel, but this has helped me with her.

Anyway, my bredli.
View attachment 308637
"Boris" the Bredli

Thank you pappasmurf and Aussie Ben. Since I've had him he's fed twice and yeah I'll not handle him for a week or so and get myself a hook. Then I guess I'll just have to be more patient lol. I'm not worried about him biting me now because he's still little but I was more worried he won't grow out of it and I'll be constantly strikes at when he's big.

Thank you pappasmurf and Aussie Ben. Since I've had him he's fed twice and yeah I'll not handle him for a week or so and get myself a hook. Then I guess I'll just have to be more patient lol. I'm not worried about him biting me now because he's still little but I was more worried he won't grow out of it and I'll be constantly strikes at when he's big.

That's the best way to do it in my opinion. I have 2 Bredli, a 4yr old female & a yearling female. The 4yr old is a hard case as she was neglected & under fed & under handled when we got her. She has tagged me a few times, all strike wrap & hold, ie; she was telling me she was hungry. She is much better now after a few months of feeding her up & gentle irregular handling but believe me, when an adult Bredli whacks you you know you've been whacked. The yearling is a darling, no hook needed ever. Just reach in & grab her. It's almost as if she enjoys being handled. It's all about baby steps & patience & most of all what is in the best interests of the snake.

Yeah of course. I dont want my snakes to be stressed. I could imagine it wouldnt tickle being tagged by an adult which is why I sort of just wanted the feedback of some more experienced people. I just want to know that he''ll grow out of it as he gets older and more accustomed to being handled.

He'll be fine, just let him settle in & it'll be all good.
They really are great animals.
I see that you have a Stimsons as well. My missus has one & he is an absolute clown with some of his antics.
I also have a yearling Jungle, if ya want a head case of a snake get one of them they are a real challenege.:lol:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
These are my two bredli, Kingston is the classic and Louis is the red classic. I love the variation between the two.

I have seen some awesome pictures of Bredli jags. Do the hypo Bredli ever come out as light as a jag?

Anthony
aka White Shadow

whiteshadow no the hypo won't come out that light but there are some really orange hypo bredli that look beautiful,Solar 17 has the best hypo bredli in the hobby (that's my opinion) and they are just getting better and better..i have recently bought a hypo bredli jag and he will be bred with my hypo bredli girl in a few years i can't wait to see the pattern and colour variation in the clutch she produces..there are some absolute cracking bredli jags out there...

My 3 1/2 year old Buddy out in the sun today. He's 2.2m and just on 5kg.

attachment.php

attachment.php

whiteshadow no the hypo won't come out that light but there are some really orange hypo bredli that look beautiful,Solar 17 has the best hypo bredli in the hobby (that's my opinion) and they are just getting better and better..i have recently bought a hypo bredli jag and he will be bred with my hypo bredli girl in a few years i can't wait to see the pattern and colour variation in the clutch she produces..there are some absolute cracking bredli jags out there...

Sounds like you will be on a winner.
Here in Adelaide hypo Bredli sell for about $40 more then a classic.
I do not think anyone in Adelaide has any Bredli Jags.

Anthony
aka White Shadow

this is Taakaah(Wildfire) she is one of Jinjajoes Hatchlings from about 18 months/ 2 years ago. I think his Hypo's are some of the best around ;) She is one of my favorites, this is not the best pic to show how clean her orange markings are unfortunately
IMG_0075.jpg

Last edited:
my 1 and a half year old little girl taking after her daddy holding our bredli xena complete natural, this python is so placid she just an absolute sweetheart

Attachments

• DSCN0604.jpg
    DSCN0604.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 285
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back