Question: How long do Jungle Carpet Pythons get?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amynickid

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have had a few different answers although some books I read have said they will not get bigger than 2-2.5 mtrs. Which is cool and that is a large specimen seems as jungles are the smaller carpets. I have this question though, mine is only a year and a few months old, sheds about once a month and is already about 1.5 mtrs long. Do you guys think he will be one of the larger specimens? About to up his food in the next few weeks to small adults from the sub adults hes eating now.

Back when I kept reptiles (field herper only now days) I had an atherton. He was about 2.5mtrs and growing. Quite big. They are probably the largest of the 'jungles' though.

As [MENTION=21544]saximus[/MENTION] said, black and gold is not a locality.

Different variables can affect what size an adult python ends up being. How often it's fed when it's young, its genetics etc. It's impossible to give you an accurate answer based on the info you've provided. Depending on the line you've got you can end up with a jungle anywhere between 6-8ft, potentially bigger though most black and gold lines I've seen aren't giants. You might get a better idea by contacting the breeder you got it from and asking how large the parents are. It'll always be an educated guess anyway.

Males get anywhere from5-6 and a half feet.females get 6-7and a half feet.one of my fav snakes

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back