cutie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakegirlie

Reaction score
found this guy :) isnt he cute <3
a7ery4aq.jpg

It is a little cutie.... a Dubious Dtella (Gehyra dubia) by the looks of it – a female with a regrown tail. The species is known to take up residence in houses. A delightful find elegantly displayed by an obviously gentle hand.

Blue

Very cute :) This little guy showed up on the outdoor blinds at my place a couple of weeks ago.

Marbled Gecko

Last edited:
Very nice, had taken some pics of 2 Dtella's a few nights ago and hadn't posted them (crappish pics), one of them is a bit larger than these ones shown.

Them and Lesuers velvet gecko are the 2 main ones that people mistake for Asian house geckos.

I learnt this year or last year how to tell the Dtella's apart from the Asian house gecko, the inside toe of each foot has no claw, the light white stripe down the back (though day time markings are way different to night) and something to do with the spikes on the tail that I can't remember, though they don't regenerate the spikes if they lose their original tail (which I read and have noticed on them, so the spike thing isn't reliable if they have lost their tail and regenerated it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back