Anyone a WoW player? :o

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My partner and I play WoW, Diablo 3 and LoL at the moment. Really looking forward to Wildstar and Heroes of the Storm :D

Used to play WoW, I was the guild tank and I played Mists of Pandaria... but by the time 5.1 was out I was burned out and boss fights were just soooooo damn long. You would spend all night doing 20min attempts just to fail because of stupid stuff. And being in Aus you have to contend with lag.

I play D3 now, much better since it is jump on and play, no preparing for a whole week then waiting for 10 ppl to be on and super long nights.

If I ever went back, I would have to probably shoot myself...

I appreciate the genre though, just WoW has gone too far and it is no fun anymore, felt like a job (that I never got paid for).

Used to play WoW, I was the guild tank and I played Mists of Pandaria... but by the time 5.1 was out I was burned out and boss fights were just soooooo damn long. You would spend all night doing 20min attempts just to fail because of stupid stuff. And being in Aus you have to contend with lag.

I play D3 now, much better since it is jump on and play, no preparing for a whole week then waiting for 10 ppl to be on and super long nights.

If I ever went back, I would have to probably shoot myself...

I appreciate the genre though, just WoW has gone too far and it is no fun anymore, felt like a job (that I never got paid for).

oh the lag..i can fully understand that, before mists the last time i played was lich king, so when i did start raiding in mists i noticed how some fights were so much longer then i was used to, not even harder just longer, lead me to burn out on raiding a lot quicker then i ever had before, i let my subscription run out months ago and the only thing that would bring me back is the questing or various other side-activity's, no real interest in raiding for a very long time.

you summed most of it up really, sometimes it feels like a chore/job, and hen that happens its no longer fun.

Lag in wow can be fixed via a registry edit on packet data, i went from 120ms down to 20-30ms

Rick

Yea I did that, it helps a lot, but for some it just can't help them. Some of the DPS were in the country. But it wasn't just lag, it was timing out, drop outs, power outages, all that.

Then you also had the problem of consistent attendance. Sure life gets in the way, but it sometimes got frustrating.

When I enjoyed WoW, I actually enjoyed it even near the end. But it just turned into more menial/chore like play which feels like going to work on Mondays - every day lol.

For some people, the direction WoW is going is something they like - every update will have haters and fan boys/girls. I am just glad I got out while I could. I always got girlfriend aggro

Yea I did that, it helps a lot, but for some it just can't help them. Some of the DPS were in the country. But it wasn't just lag, it was timing out, drop outs, power outages, all that.

Then you also had the problem of consistent attendance. Sure life gets in the way, but it sometimes got frustrating.

When I enjoyed WoW, I actually enjoyed it even near the end. But it just turned into more menial/chore like play which feels like going to work on Mondays - every day lol.

For some people, the direction WoW is going is something they like - every update will have haters and fan boys/girls. I am just glad I got out while I could. I always got girlfriend aggro

When i first started i was on a US server, raids were 4 times a week at 10:30am. Wasnt so bad when i was on afternoon shifts but things had to change. Got a 9-5 job and xfer to dath'remar when BC was released. Wow really lost its nack when WoTLK came out, as you said lots still play but for me that killed it.

Had 6 70s and got 4 up to 80, the amount of hours i sunk into that game were ridiculous. 4 t5 alts and 2 others in t6 gear.

Life beyond wow is a beautiful thing. I dont think i could return to another mmo fulltime, i enjoy the leveling and questing but end game is no longer for me.

Rick

Hunter on Frostmourne! Only play to do my auctions these days though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back