Carpet python record keeping in QLD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFox

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question to those that own carpet pythons in QLD. In your record books do you recognise the subspecies or just record them as Morelia spilota?

I have 2 jungles that I have recorded as Morelia spilota cheynei and they have been recorded as such previously on movement advice.

Yep I am the same as Lawra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a quick question to those that own carpet pythons in QLD. In your record books do you recognise the subspecies or just record them as Morelia spilota?

Record it exactly the same as it was previously recorded by the shop or breeder and the same as the movement advice. If bred by yourself then record it the same as the parents were. Given that they're not wild caught, in QLD, there's no reason to start making names up that don't have proven lineage of your actual snakes. Records are about, amongst other things, proving provenance of your reptiles - changing names just makes it harder to prove they're legal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back