Herp Books Website

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HerpBooks

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Some of you may recall that the Herp Books website was down for a couple of days late last year. This was due to a security breach, which our host sorted out quite quickly and implemented controls to try and stop it happening again. Over the last few weeks, and especially last night, it was breached again and used to send out 30,000 spam emails! Luckily none of the recipients were from our customer base (apparently).

The website is currently down and is a new one is being built from the ground up which apparently will be impenetrable. There shouldn't be any issues with orders placed beforehand (although we can't access the order database, we seem to have all of the order alert emails). If you would like to place an order in the meantime, please email us at [email protected] as the Herp Books email is also down.

Cheers

Jonathan

We have been waiting two weeks now for an order. Sent an email on Sunday querying where it is, with no reply.

We have been waiting two weeks now for an order. Sent an email on Sunday querying where it is, with no reply.

This is likely part of the issue - we have regained access to old orders and our new website is being built right now. You can give me a call tomorrow on 0413 128 248 and I will sort it out for you ASAP.

Here's a snapshot of our new website design -

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 7.18.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 7.18.06 PM.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 61
i must have got in before the site break down because i ordered 2 books about 2 weeks ago and they arrived here 3 days ago

We ordered our books at the beginning of April, the money was taken out, but no books. As Jonathan has suggested, I will ring him today to sort it out.

G'day all,

Emails/texts have all been responded to. The new website is now live, but still a work in progress.

Cheers

I have to be honest. The new site looks good but isn't accessible via mobile and everything is weirdly formatted and is completely inaccessible through a touch screen tablet :/
Will this be fixed in the future as through my tablet I cannot even browse through categories.

I don't think the categories are working at all. I tried to browse the categories with my laptop, but found they didn't work. As Jonathan said, a work in progress. You can search through all though. Very frustrating and laborious.

Hi guys - I am currently re-categorising everything. It's a time consuming process at this end, as I have to edit formating etc. All for the greater good, eventually!

All the titles are listed in "All titles" at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back