Large enclosure help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cma_369

Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking to upgrade my drab melamine 4x4x2 enclosure for my pythons to something a bit wider with drawers underneath.
Have zereo carpentry skills so was just wondering if anyone has had a chippy knock up a decent display enclosure, for their much loved pythons?
Looking for a 5x5x2 enclosure
Including drawers underneath.
Have procrastinated over this for far to long, I want to sort something out..

Thanks
Matt

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

My suggestion "work backwards" get your glass 1st (my suggestion) l have picked up glass that size b4 10mm thick for $15.95 on Ebay where as if you work towards your glass (last) and order a specific size it could end up costing you an arm and a leg. solar 17 ~B~

crappy photo, but the very talented KingSirloin from this forum built this for me....he might be looking for a new project,....

Attachments

• wall unit.jpg
    wall unit.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 143
crappy photo, but the very talented KingSirloin from this forum built this for me....he might be looking for a new project,....

Looks wicked!
Was that an old cabinet modified to suit your needs?
I like the re using of old cabinets, but yet to find a decent one 2ft deep.....
Turns out I have messaged him before asking him but never seen his reply... dam tapatalk
keep missing pms on forums...

My suggestion "work backwards" get your glass 1st (my suggestion) l have picked up glass that size b4 10mm thick for $15.95 on Ebay where as if you work towards your glass (last) and order a specific size it could end up costing you an arm and a leg. solar 17 ~B~

This is wholly reliant on being able to find the 'right' sized glass at a cheaper price, and from a practicality point is an entirely silly way to go about constuction projects... You could be waiting months just to know what measurements you need.

This is wholly reliant on being able to find the 'right' sized glass at a cheaper price, and from a practicality point is an entirely silly way to go about constuction projects... You could be waiting months just to know what measurements you need.
I am not so sure its "entirely silly" in fact if anything your statement imo appears to be just that as all l do is keep an eye out for large pieces of cheap glass and hang on to them as l am told glass has a long shelf life and takes up virtually no space. The 10 mm and thicker l get cut and less than that l cut myself and glass that you cant cut l consider b4 l buy it if that size "may" suit a future project and having many floor to ceiling enclosures that haven't been that expensive to make l guess l shall just keep going with my "entirely silly" principles of building large enclosures cheaply. solar 17 ~B~

Looks wicked!
Was that an old cabinet modified to suit your needs?

nope, totally from scratch, bottom cabinets are 4x5x2, top 4x2x2.

and yes, its totally wicked!! :) Hes awesome!!

I am not so sure its "entirely silly" in fact if anything your statement imo appears to be just that as all l do is keep an eye out for large pieces of cheap glass and hang on to them as l am told glass has a long shelf life and takes up virtually no space. The 10 mm and thicker l get cut and less than that l cut myself and glass that you cant cut l consider b4 l buy it if that size "may" suit a future project and having many floor to ceiling enclosures that haven't been that expensive to make l guess l shall just keep going with my "entirely silly" principles of building large enclosures cheaply. solar 17 ~B~

Your own words up there are kinda proving my point. When building something properly uncertainty and maybes in the planning and materials stage is bad news bears.
Your method 'may' work well if you're constantly building many and varied types, but for a one off its an awful way to go about things.

This is very similar to what I want!
ezagyqut.jpg

Dimensions
2.07m tall
1.83m wide
57 cm deep

Just not sold on how its all one piece and the access doors are on the side...
Would love a sliding glass/ opening door front similar to your chris.
make it easy to make a heat spot up high and mount logs vertically.
Also having it separate into 3 pieces for transport, would make moving a large enclosure much easier.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back