Juvenile brown snake colouration

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Norm

A workmates chooks have been killing some small snakes at his place, he thinks they're juvenile eastern browns but not 100% sure. My question is do juveniles have the orange coloured blotches on their belly?

What size was the snake? they also have a dark patch on their head followed by a thick neck band and stripes There are some born with out the stripes but still have the head markings Cream belly with small apricot blotches

Browns typically have orange blotches and/or bands underneither, chances are that brown snakes are tagging the chooks

Chooks are killing the snakes not the other way around, I know about the head markings and bands etc but am just unsure about the belly markings. I've asked him to take a pic of the next one.

Many brown snakes have either orange, yellow or grey spots on a creaming ventral surface

Yeah do they have these markings as juveniles or do they develop as they mature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back