Introducing: Me! :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

My name is Leslie and I have always been interested in reptiles.

I am 23 and only today I saw a small display by the Snake Whisperer (Who I have seen is a member here on the forums) and found out just how easy it is to obtain a herpetology license and care for a reptile. With this I have finally decided to look deeper into perhaps caring for a reptile (maybe a few in the future).

I have handled snakes and lizards before, a few of my friends have had pythons and lizards of all kinds, however I have never experienced the pleasure of being in the long term company of any of them. My favorite memory with snakes was when I was younger and I saw my first snake in the back yard, it was a baby dugite and I knew to stay away but I couldn't stop watching it in the garden; it was rather exciting.

I look forward to becoming a part of the community here and asking and maybe even answering questions on the forums. I'm not looking at breeding, that may be something way down the track but at the moment just getting to look after a carpet or a simpson would be great!

Thank you to all who read this and again a big hello from me! :D

Welcome :)

You've come to the right place. Don't forget to get yourself a good book and post some pictures when you do get a scaly friend.

:)

Welcome bud!

I am also still quite new to the reptile scene, currently own 2 Darwin carpets. This place is awesome and there are always friendly people happy to help if they can :D

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :D

I intend on doing quite a lot of research and making sure I can set up an enclosure and maintain a quality environment before looking to breeders for my new friend.

The idea of a nice big Jungle Python is very tempting, but I am thinking maybe a Stimpson would be a better place to start; let's see where I decide to go when I have explored the options thoroughly :).

I am also looking at volunteering for a pet shop that specializes in reptiles or for a wildlife park in the reptile department, just to get some hands-on experience and to be close to people who know some good information and who have had a lot of experience. I have loved every animal I have ever (I hate using the word "own", to me you do not own a "pet" as they have no choice, I see the price as proving you have the means to look after an animal. Animals are companions and friends, not a possession.) had under my roof and in the case of a dog I had to look after when I was just young I was absolutely traumatized when I came home from school to find that the gate had been left open and he was struck by a car (I still don't know who left that gate open :() and would hate to do the wrong thing by my future scaly friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back