Scrub Python In Home Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Finally completed the under stairs enclosure i had planned for my scrub python. Me and my Dad built it from mostly reused materials. Took us about 3 months of working on it in our spare time everything from the framework to the styrofoam rock wall and the electrical was done. Glass was cut and fitted by a professional all the rest was done by us.

Switchboard with individual switches for 3 x LED Lights, Heat Lamp and Night Light aswell as a fan built in to the styrofoam wall to air out those huge smelly poos ;).

Shes been exploring around a bit and spent a few hours under the water bowl but now moved to the branch so think shes a bit more comfortable now. :D

2kog29.jpg

e9vmdf.jpg

16atf0w.jpg

bhizc8.jpg

1214da9.jpg

b6pwk6.jpg

23ixt7a.jpg

9htlbq.jpg

That looks awesome, well done!

My coastal x jungle would look good in there.

Wow, this looks awesome! I would love to try and tackle a project like this some day!

That's amazing! I'd like to holiday in there! Maybe not with the scrubby in residence though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that is awesome. Very original idea. Well done. Are you going to put a couple more branches in?

So... draw some straws to figure out who's going to turn the fan on during those hot summer days?

Looks very nice and a great use of space

I love these type of built in enclosures, great idea! I would love to see more like this.

Looks great, well done.

My only suggestion would be to add some more horizontal branches and/or a ledge. From the pics it looks like you only have the single stump that runs vertically (on a slight angle)?

Wow that looks amazing!!! Gotta be happy with that :D

How does he go when someone's running up/down the stairs?

Better behave....otherwise it's "under the stairs for you." :D

Well that has to be the best use of that horrible under stairs space i have ever seen, and on top of that it looks fantastic, i dare say a lot of herpers who have 1 of those horrible spaces have now got a burning desire to copy your idea, very impressive 11/10 from me. :) :) ...............................Ron

Thanks guys, Her names Esther and shes 3 years old, suprisingly doesnt mind the walking up the stairs but we will see once the little cousins come around haha. I agree with the branch idea id like to put a larger branch in there but she enjoys curling on top of it so for now it should do. Id recommend anyone to try the idea its a lot easier than it looks and the Styrofoam part is pretty fun and interesting with the amount of shapes and ideas you can make.

Will post more pictures soon :)

Great job! What an awesome place for an enclosure, really got me thinking about 'built-ins' in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back