new addition thanks to national parks n wildlife...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I got an email for a morelia bredli from npw. Im pretty sure it was the python siezed in police raids done locally. I put my namr in and bingo. I looked at him and saw he was undersize/weight and took him to a local breeder/friend of mine and got him a health check. Apart from poor or no handling and undersize he is fine. Check out his pics...20140423_182915.jpg20140423_154446.jpg20140423_154016.jpg

He looks healthy and in good condition to me. What makes you say he is undersized?

He is said to be 2yrs old and no meat about him, wires handler was also worried bout him and his weight... the pics dont really show him and his size... he took a small rat and downed it real fast for me so no dramas on eating

Wow lucky! (lucky for the snake too!) May I ask what the police raids were for? Was it because they were being neglected or they were being kept under license, or..?

I wouldn't think police would be able to intervene in neglect cases or non license. My thoughts would be possible drug raids or other warrant reasons. I'm not speculating anything but any other reasons and it would simply be parks officers acting alone. I have seen it in neglect cases of horses where police had almost 0 power in seizing the animals although it was a clear case of deplorable conditions and had to get RSPCA involved to actually Carry out the seizure.

Cheers, Matt

Sounds like this snakey has seen a lot... if only he could talk, I'd love to hear his stories! :)

Kwaka most are from police executing warrants and finding unlicensed animals on premises that are then siezed. Most drug raidd I see on police media pages also have them being charged with possesion of a protected species

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back