My New 3 tier Snake Hilton

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris.w

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would share some pictures of my new 3 tier enclosure with you, all three sections are joined via PVC pipe which I can close off with pot plants to allow my girls to move between each section or not, each section is self-contained, has it's own independently controlled heat lamp, hide and water.

I have two 5 year old Morelia Bredli's who share the top and centre sections and a 4 year old Antaresia Stimson in the bottom section, My Stimson is quite the escape artist and will try to sneak out if not being watchfull, the two big girls, the bredli's couldn't care less, happy to stay in their new home with the door open and their head resting on the shelf for hours, they are such an easy snake to keep and like to be handled.

Although I'm a cabinet maker by trade I didn't have time to build their enclosure from scratch so I bought the cabinet from Ikea, yeah I know what your thinking, anyway, with a bit of modifications done it has turned out quite nice I think, and only took two days the set it up with 12v LED lighting, heating and perches, it is positioned in the entrance door where they can see outside and opposite a couch where I can sit and watch them and let them out to explore.
DSCN1463.jpgDSCN1461.jpg

New Enclosure.jpgNew Enclosure 1.jpg
For some reason the pictures have loaded on their side ??

Wow that is impressive!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Loving the bright lights with white trimmings :)

Thanks Thyla, whiteshadow,
The effect I was trying to produce is clean lines and an attractive piece of furniture while also being easy to keep clean and show off my girls to their best, I didn't want to try to reproduce their natural environment or a piece of bush in an enclosure, it wasn't cheep but worth the outlay. The snakes don't seem to mind either.

That looks cool!

Do the sides also open? I'm wondering how practical it's going to be opening all three at once.

Very cool, how do you find the emitters go pushing their heat towards the glass? They look great :)

Btw what sort of LED lighting did you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
The sides don't open, initially the cabinet had no locks, I made an up stand about 70mm high to hold back the kitty litter, they are just silicone in place and I ran a bead of silicone around all of the joints and around the glass to moisture proof the whole thing, one door locks into an up stand and the other locks behind the first.

- - - Updated - - -

The heat emitters actually don't heat up the glass, they are mounted high with a couple of strips of self-adhesive metal foil air con duct tape to protect the under side of each shelf, the heat emitters heat the enclosure but also radiate heat up through the shelf so I can turn down the heat on one emitter while the other acts as a heat mat.
The L.E.D's are IP65 rated light strips, they have a self-adhesive backing which is hopeless so I also ran a bead of silicone down each side of them to keep them there, at the moment all three are wired together but could be wired individually if required.

This is beautiful. May I ask who made it/where you got it from and how much it cost? I would love to buy one similar, maybe a tad smaller though (1-2 sections) for my woma python :)

This is beautiful. May I ask who made it/where you got it from and how much it cost? I would love to buy one similar, maybe a tad smaller though (1-2 sections) for my woma python :)

Did you read the post of just look at the pretty pictures?!

Cabinet bought from Ikea and converted by OP.

You woma would benefit from a long enclosure, rather than a tall one.

Can you open one at a time, or is that a full height door? I'm just curious because it could start to get difficult when you've gotta work in there, and three escape artists are looking at you at once.

Unfortunately the two doors are full height, They could have been cut into separate doors but I was worried about loosing strength and the clean look of the cabinet, my Stimson is in the bottom section and is the only one who wants to escape but is easy to keep track off.
The two big Bredli girls don't try to escape when cleaning so they're not a problem, cleaning is actually easier than I would have first thought as the Bredli seem to prefer to live in the top section but will move down to the middle to poop and that makes life easy for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back