Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well luckily Cyclone was a bit if a non-event for us in Cairns. I was prepared for the worst.

More good news, through some strange events I brought home my first carpet python although it isn't what I was expecting my first carpet to be.

I was meant to get my a carpet python freighted up with another woma, last Friday night. But with the cyclone closing in I got the sender to postpone it until Wednesday.

Anyway a local breeder decided to have a facebook auction to pass some time while we were all waiting for the storm to pass and I won. I guess the one being freighted would be the first carpet I paid for and the one I won will be first carpet I brought home.

Had a report on facebook whinging about snakes being kept in 'appalling conditions' in a shop near Ubud
All the so called animal lover screaming about cruelty etc
Demanded we help sort it out
I suggested relaxing until we could get there to see the truth
Immediately blasted by idiots demanding we go straight away
My reply snake rescues come first then we will look

They start demanding that 3 albino burmese and other exotics get taken by us and released in a nice river gorge??
My reply
OK the snakes are in pristine condition
Very well fed and spotlessly clean
Boxes are too small for 3 bigger ones
Owner has taken on board some suggestions
Exotic snakes and albinos cannot be released
So who will chip in to buy 3 larger enclosures for the owner

Instant silence

Bear in mind that these are exactly the same people who just donated $10.000 to BARC so that BARC can have its own monkey zoo with no intention of rehabilitation or release because the monkeys will make BARC a motza

But donate $300max towards helping snakes???
No way Jose

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=20112]longqi[/MENTION] some people... :mad:

I wish the Qantas freight wasn't so late. I'm so tired and have to keep myself awake until my parcel arrives at 10ish.

Frantic phone call
We need you here now
Ok we are 55 ks away see in 1hour
Get there on time
Nobody home
Where are you
We were invited out for lunch
might be back in 2hours
just wait outside

sorry got a cobra in Ubud

why cant you wait
our friends just got to Bali and we want to show them around

;maybe a king cobra dropped over his fence tonight will improve both his sense of importance and his incredible rudeness'

Frantic phone call

Nobody home
Where are you
We were invited out for lunch
might be back in 2hours
just wait outside

Man, the rudest people on this planet are humans!

I'm still fuming over my last landlord.
Sends me a txt asking me to nominate a time for the final inspection & to sign the bond back to me.
I reply 1:30pm.
The landlord doesn't turn up 'til 6 that evening, claiming he was at work all day & "Can't drop everything just because I give him a time."
Why the hell ask me to nominate the time in the first place???

Last edited:
Man, the rudest people on this planet are humans!

I'm still fuming over my last landlord.
Sends me a txt asking me to nominate a time for the final inspection & to sign the bond back to me.
I reply 1:30pm.
The landlord doesn't turn up 'til 6 that evening, claiming he was at work all day & "Can't drop everything just because I give him a time."
Why the hell ask me to nominate the time in the first place???
My landlord hasn't done a single inspection for the past 24 months, I recon if I wanted a pet tiger I could get away with it for another two years :3

Might be getting zeke(sisters dog) back :D
...hopefully....

- - - Updated - - -

We aren't :(

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it that whenever something special is going on in the sky(eclipse,meteor shower ect) it's cloudy

Insurance companies really don't like to make getting money you are owed out of them easy... Haven't been paid since before December last year! Not my fault people can't watch where they are going and wind up almost killing me in a car accident, not my fault my doctor tells me I can't work despite my best wishes :(

Online teachers who don't answer your questions for days on end, and when they do answer it's obvious they were drunk or high or at the very least extremely distracted because they OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT YOUR FILE. And it keeps happening... UGH!!!

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=34464]princessparrot[/MENTION] sorry you didn't get Zeke back :(

Never been so annoyed by an article.

"For instance, in Australia, other than marine sea turtles, they are all tortoises.":facepalm:

Lol, who wrote that?
Tortoises don't have webbed feet with claws or flippers, the shells are lighter and shaped differently with turtles and tortoises are mainly land based whereas turtles have those other 2 differences and are water based.

Lol, who wrote that?
Tortoises don't have webbed feet with claws or flippers, the shells are lighter and shaped differently with turtles and tortoises are mainly land based whereas turtles have those other 2 differences and are water based.
Some webpage I read when I looked up the difference between a turtle and terrapin after someone on Facebook commented on a pic of some baby freshwater turtles saying that they weren't turtles, they're terrapins... I think the website was founditout.com or something

All tortoises are turtles, but not all turtles are tortoises :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back