Black Soldier Fly Larvae

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A simple set up can be a tub with two migration ramps leading into a bucket for self harvesting. When the grubs get big enough they just climb the ramp and fall into the bucket I believe. As for what they eat, fruit, seafood scraps, wet chook feed, all this seems to look like it works well as long as you have a population in the area to get you started. Wouldn't try introducing any unless you know what your local or state laws on introduced insect species are.

Note on Phoenix Worms...

Yes high in protein and calcium and low in fat
attachment.php
In the US they are called Phoenix Worms

Just a note, and sorry that that I am commenting on a thread that is a couple of months ole (I just found this site). I don't want any of you that are abroad to get confused. Here in the US, Black Soldier Fly Larvae is known as that. BSFL. The name Phoenix Worms is a trademarked name that sells the BSFL as a brand name. There is also another company called Soldier Grubs, and still another called something Critters. It is kinda dumb in my opinion that the US would allow a company to trademark an insect name as anything other than the actual name that scientist gave them long ago. I understand that these companies want to set themselves apart from all the others, but I find it to be misleading & downright confusing to the public by outright changing the name of bsfl while trying to sell it as something else. That's like me getting a black garden ant (Lasius niger) and getting a trademark for it and changing its name to TikiTiki because I can. I am currently tinkering with the idea of starting a local start-up company here in the US that would supply BSFL to local pet shops, and I will definitely not be trademarking my own name. That's what a company name is for. Well, I have ranted enough, my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back