Bredli python constricting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joel0395

Reaction score
Hi, new to keeping pythons and this is my first, I have only purchased my bredli a couple of days ago, and today for the first time I held him outside of his enclosure for about 2 minutes, then he wrapped around my arm and begain to constrict my arm, is this normal? Could he just be stressed and scared? Thanks

Hi, new to keeping pythons and this is my first, I have only purchased my bredli a couple of days ago, and today for the first time I held him outside of his enclosure for about 2 minutes, then he wrapped around my arm and begain to constrict my arm, is this normal? Could he just be stressed and scared? Thanks

Leave him alone to settle in for a week.
He would be stressed and scared.

I personally think that you done pretty well, when I first had one of my new additions and didn't let her settle long enough I got tagged more times than I could count. She is still adjusting and it has been about 4 weeks.

I don't understand why constricting your arm is a bad thing, I would have thought they done that naturally, either to hang on or climb or whatever.

Theres a difference between constricting and hanging on.

Theres a difference between constricting and hanging on.

I obviously never had a snake constrict yet I guess, it all seems the same to me. If they ever stretched to far outward then they tighten around my arm. Also never had a snake latch on to a body part and try to eat it either, so still a lot to experience.

Yeah they hang on firmly to make sure they don't slide off, but constricting is much much much tighter

Is this normal for a stressed python?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

They do it when they are scared or stressed yeah and while eating so maybe hes hungry.

Pretty sure its just instinct from feeling your pulse, thats why they say you shouldn't put larger pythons around your neck.

Just an update, he ate today so I dont think he is too stressed

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

is it like firmly wrapped around? or like fully constricting? like stated above there is a difference, all pythons wrap their tail or some part of their body around you to make sure they dont fall, its just a natural instinct. if he was constricting i imagine it would be really quite uncomfortable from all the intense pressure. i have personally never been constricted by either of my two pythons, even when they mistake me for food haha, some days they hold tighter than others but they never make me afraid that they are trying to hurt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back