Your trickiest rescue/relocate???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

longqi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just spent an hour in a concrete pump room the size of a dog kennel with three pumps, loads of pipes
and no room to move
Had to chip away concrete to finally coax a spitting cobra out into the open
Nasty tricky scary sweaty
10330282_10202743501282998_2797448853699408056_n.jpg

So what were your nasty ones

Down a dunny. Poor thing had bleach poured all over it before I got there, which the householder had failed to tell me prior to attempting a head restraint...at least it was an RBB and not a Spitter:).

Attachments

• toilet RBB 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    toilet RBB 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 117
  • DunnySnake_0004 [1600x1200].jpg
    DunnySnake_0004 [1600x1200].jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 95
Down a dunny. Poor thing had bleach poured all over it before I got there, which the householder had failed to tell me prior to attempting a head restraint...at least it was an RBB and not a Spitter:).

Spitters in dunnies are tricky too
We chased one for 3 days through 4 toilets before we got it
Ended up floating ping pong balls with a fishing line attached
Then used light rope with a sponge on it pulled through the pipes to force it into the open

Love RBBs
Such a snakey looking snake

Amazing story longgi plus photo to show results
Not boring over there in bali Indonesia

View attachment 309397This little sod ducked under the main concrete walkway and took six hours to get. They had a dry bite from a brown only a few weeks before. Basically I had to build dams so I could flood her out. Even then she would only poke her head above the water line and would duck back in when I go close. Eventually she started to get desperate for air and would only duck back in for a few minutes. In the end I fashioned a snare and put it where her head would appear. On cue she stuck her head though the snare, the noose tightened and she couldn't duck back. I grabbed her head but couldn't pull her out from fear of hurting her. I had to dismantle the dams so I could reach in with my free hand to tickle her out.
When you let EBS go they often want to go for a second round, but this girl was sick of me and just headed slowly for the bush, probably because being immersed in cold water had a "soothing" effect on her.

Saw this Diamond near Sutherland shire in Sydney liveing along a creek. Notice how dark the snake is compared to Gosford diamonds, iv seen wild Gosford animals really bright but the further down the colder it gets and the darker the animals get for the most part. If you look at the photo what seems to be the snakes under belly is actually not, it's extremly burnt had the tail missing and just had bad burns all over the snake, the worst iv seen but no ticks and very healthy looking snake apart from the extreme amount of burns. in the flesh it was quite shocking to see a snake like this because I'm used to seeing perfect condition animals in captivity, although covered in ticks is proberly worse situation. Their are proberly a few fires in the area I wouldn't know but apparently main bush fires took place more then 20 years ago, makes you wonder how old this snake might be........

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 120
Fuscus
its so satisfying when you get one like that
makes it all worthwhile

Gaboon
Amazing how badly damaged snakes can appear to be yet still survive
We have relocated a really nasty old burmese twice
1 eye, about 20 broken ribs, huge impact scars, several bite wound scars
But it still keeps trucking

I was in the right place at the right time not to long ago. A red belly crawled out the front door of Dominos pizza and up into the underside of the managers car. Long story short, I had the car jacked up and I spent almost 2 hours under it, poking in every possible gap with a peace of wire, until I found the snakes location. I finally found it in a tiny gap above the fuel tank. He came out pretty quickly once found and I was lucky enough to get free pizza out of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back