Extension cord and thermostat advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenyseT

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Any sparkies about?

I'm just setting up a click clack for a soon to arrive hatchling but the best spot I can find for it is a few metres from a power point. My question is, should I plug the heat mat into an extension cord and the thermostat into the wall or should I put the thermostat between between the heat mat cord and the extension lead. Does it even matter? Might be a dumb question but I know nothing about electrical matters and I'd rather ask than make a stupid mistake.

You plug the extn cord into the power outlet, the thermostat into the extn cord and the heat mat into the thermostat, and then place the thermostat probe where it can register and respond to the heat produced by the heat mat.

Jamie

And get a thermometer to observe the heat where the mat is.

Thanks :) I have a thermometer with probe but wasn't thinking about the thermostat probe :/ Lol it was a stupid question. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No question is stupid if you don't know the answer! Always better to ask, and you high lighted the thermostat probe position anyway, so all good.

Sorry to hijack the thread but what about when using power boards? Does maxing an 8 socket power board increase the chances that the equipment will malfunction? Not setting anything up yet but my house has rather minimal power points.

Fires start from either overloading the ratings of sockets or poor connections. As long as you do not do either of these things you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back