WA licensing questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

holly

Reaction score
Im new to all of this, Im from WA and currently waiting for my cat 3 licence to arrive :D
I have been researching for months and reading as much as I can get hold of to help me gain as much knowledge as possible before I buy my first Python.
But with all the research I have been doing Im still left with a couple of questions that I cant seem to find answers for, so Im hoping someone on here can help.
Firstly Im wondering how do I "transfer" ownership of a snake I buy? If not brought from a pet shop. :?
Secondly how many snakes can someone own?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Depends where you buy from. If its from a shop or a dealer they should sort the transfer paperwork out for you (don't forget your licence when you go). If its from a regular owner off gumtree than you will need to find someone licensed to do the transfer.

I think you can own as many as you want as long as you have the licence for that category. I would start with just the one though!

Last edited by a moderator:
I sell snakes and I just go to a licensed dealer to sell them. It's very easy, but each transfer costs $35-50 depending who you use. Pet city and Pet magic are some pet stores that do transfers.
And no limit to snakes. But on your first license you can only keep two species.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back