Redbelly Lady

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vampstorso

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
There's nothing quite like curious elapids.
Show pythons up a million times over.

Here's my lovely girl, feel free to share yours

snakie5_zps04a4d2d2.jpg

DSC_1247_zps7380e06c.jpg

DSC_1249_zps73007662.jpg

I love elapids and red belly's are my favourites, they are so gentle and non aggressive, really wish I had the experience and correct licence to keep such a gorgeous snake!
Thanks for sharing!

Very nice. Eventually I hope to own some elapids. Most of my ultimate wish list is colubrids and elapids.

Thanks for the kind words and interest :)

Even simple things such as how they immediately notice and suss out something new in the enclosure,
And pop their head out everytime you enter the room just makes them so much more enjoyable. It offers the peace and beauty like watching a fishtank...vs watching pythons just....sit there...and poop occasionally!

Some of us enjoy both equally, and some just enjoy their pythons. Each to their own, no need to put any species down for it.
Remember, they can't fight for themselves(REALLY tiny limbs and awful verbal communicators) so we have to.

I want to eventually keep mainly death adders, a couple of mulga snakes and few others that take my fancy. Death Adders aren't exactly super active animals but beautiful. And I would be quite happy to watch them stay still and sometimes poop. ;)

On a similar note I'm watching one of my male womas pacing, desperately trying to escape. The 'cold snap' has made the males start to think about passing on their genes. The females have hardly moved for days though. One of the things I love about womas is they are active hunters. My two carpets which I haven't had for very long seem pretty lazy. :D

Oh wow!! She is so pretty!
Im a huge fan of the red bellies, their colour is so striking and after a shed when they get that rainbow sheen in the sun going on its incredible.
I still love my pythons but I will always have a love for these particular elapids and one will hopefully join my collection one day.

Who cares about preferences lol, all snakes in general are awesome.

Thanks all.
They are an awesome species and Im still rather shocked to finally have one.

Thanks for the kind words and interest :)

Even simple things such as how they immediately notice and suss out something new in the enclosure,
And pop their head out everytime you enter the room just makes them so much more enjoyable. It offers the peace and beauty like watching a fishtank...vs watching pythons just....sit there...and poop occasionally!

I like pythons! Lol but I do agree with you elapids generally are a bit more interesting!

I don't have "Death to Pythons" tattooed on my forehead :p
I enjoy them too, but the activity levels of elapids is above and beyond :p

I wish I could get nicer photos of her but she's always on the move.

For people who have not had the joy of working or keeping elapids it is a bit hard to grasp how much more exciting and fun elapids are to keep. Looks like you got yourself a good looking red belly there. When you get bored of the red belly there are some very nice Pseudonaja around to keep you on your toes.
Easiest way to get awesome elapid photos is put a container or something over them. Leave them under that for around 5 mins and they will curl up. Then you just slowly pull it off and take your pictures while they are still. Just keep repeating until you get ones you love.
Cheers Cameron

what a beautiful snake! i'm intrigued to hear that they're such gentle creatures, they have always been one of my favorite snakes, this just gives me food for thought that one day in the distant future i'll get an RBB

Thats a good looking snake.
I had a docile red belly a couple of years ago, she was so placid that I used to hand feed her fish fillets while sitting on the lounge watching tv! id give her one then leave a couple on a plate on the cushion next to me.

Does yours flatten out while holding it if you move into warm sunlight?
They do have a much quicker action compared to a python when handling, i was bitten a dozen times whilst taming her as she was already an adult, from a bad previous owner that thinks its cool when it strikes at the glass.
I'd love to get another, but I dont have the time to commit myself got too many pythons as it is!

- - - Updated - - -

oops pic didnt go thru 1st time

1_cheech.jpg

not my cup of tea but none the less very beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back