New Enclosure heating troubles!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooka91

Reaction score
Schofields, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
Hi all,

I've been browsing the forum quite a bit and have found an endless supply of information and would like to thank everyone who has helped me without even knowing!

However this question i can not find an answer to.

I have recently purchased an 8 bay enclosure, Got it for a bargain price, Heat cords routed in and placed in the melamine and all sliding glass and all enclosures have been sealed!
This thing was bloody dirty so first had to remove all the dust, Wiped it all down, Left it for a week, Wiped it all down again removing anything i missed the first time and have now disinfected the whole thing with F10. I've mounted castors to the bottom of it so that i can move it around to be cleaned under/behind. I still need to install some vents, Its lacking in that department.

Now my intention for this enclosure is to have a variety of lizards in one side and snakes in the other, My only issue is the height of these bays is quite limiting.
Each bay is 1090mmL x 300W x 600D.

After running the heat cord i found they heat the melamine in which they run through to around 35 degrees and the rest of the enclosure stays relatively cold.

How can i heat these enclosures up, I should be fine on the lizard side as i have enough room to install long UVB's and a heat globe and still keep them away from the light and avoid getting burnt.

However on the snake side, I don't want them wrapping themselves around the globe/cage and getting burnt.
The only idea i've had is to remove a small section from the hot side where the globe will be and have 2 bays running in to each other putting distance between the snake and the globe, However i don't really want to go this way.

What are my options here? Will a low wattage CHE/bulb produce enough heat and prevent the snake from burning itself?
All opinions and advice are appreciated, Thank you! Sorry for "randomness" of my writing its just how my brain works :p

Below are photos of the enclosure.

h25cvAM.jpg

bBUoUax.jpg

qFGnzWH.jpg

If you have a large cage around the CHE the Snakes should be ok.The CHE may not be on for long because it's a small cage,but this will depend on the room temp.

Your snakes will be fine, no need to bother with anything for them other than the existing heat cords.
It's the basking spot temps for your lizards that you'll need heat globes/CHE's for.

If you don't want to use light cages then heat panels are another option but I'd say the cord should be enough

If you have a large cage around the CHE the Snakes should be ok.The CHE may not be on for long because it's a small cage,but this will depend on the room temp.
Your snakes will be fine, no need to bother with anything for them other than the existing heat cords.
It's the basking spot temps for your lizards that you'll need heat globes/CHE's for.
If you don't want to use light cages then heat panels are another option but I'd say the cord should be enough

Thanks for the advice guys, Its very much appreciated, I will give the cord a chance and see if it is heating enough and i will look in to heat panels, If that doesnt work i will look in to heat panels or placing a large cage around a heat emitter, Thought hadn't even crossed my mind to simply oversize it.

Sorry I didn't quite understand your problem, but, if I have the gist of it why not just build bottom to top light cages in the corner of the enclosures?

By that do you mean similar to the above as to just placing a large enough cage around it to prevent the snakes getting close enough for extreme temps?\

Cheers all, Very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back