Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
asu6eqes.jpg
a5u7e5ud.jpg
u7anaseg.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

couple of pics of butterball just starting to go through his change to white, he's also no longer the chainsaw massacre that he once was

Attachments

• DSCN0491.jpg
    DSCN0491.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN0489.jpg
    DSCN0489.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN0488.jpg
    DSCN0488.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Hey all,
My DCP has now shed for the first time since I got her, which is pretty exciting for me, but she still is not super keen to feed. I offer a fuzzy mouse every 7 days, but she often will only hit it and then drop it. I am feeding at night, and stay very still after she hits it, but she still drops it most of the time. Some times she will take it, other nights she leaves it, so I take the mouse out in the morning. And re offer that evening.
Will she get better at feeding or are darwins always a little fussy.
Also, I have read and heard some conflicting info about feed sizes. I was told that if the snake can consume the mouse with a minute or two, it is too small a feed, and a larger offering should be made. Is this correct or not. Sway is now about 60 cm long.
Any help thanks. ( i may just be a little over protective too)

@ horn20, freshly hatched darwins start on fuzzy mice, so the food is far to small.
Weigh your snake and offer food items that weigh around 15% of your snakes bodyweight.

I can add two animals to this thread now.

First a bit dull and looks to be coming up to shed. Still very young and red. Can't wait for it to start getting its adult colours.

hevyqyga.jpg

a8y6upuq.jpg

And the second looking cute.

udehemen.jpg

5a4udyhe.jpg

Both are very placid. The first one won't even strike its food.

Hi RedFox nice looking darwins congrats, it's an exciting time of year with all the new hatchies becoming available.

I finally got to pick up my albino on friday (so stoked, I ordered her in november). When I got her home and unboxed her she was so gorgeous I just had to steel a couple of minutes handling time and took a couple of pics before leaving her to settle.
The third pic is my 18 month old wild type...photo bombed by the dog.

My two babies

Noodles
photo 3(2).jpg

and his sister who remains nameless at the moment
photo 1.jpg

I can add two animals to this thread now.

First a bit dull and looks to be coming up to shed. Still very young and red. Can't wait for it to start getting its adult colours.

hevyqyga.jpg

a8y6upuq.jpg

And the second looking cute.

udehemen.jpg

5a4udyhe.jpg

Both are very placid. The first one won't even strike its food.
Hets? Love the full stripe... Looks very similar to my yearling

The reddish on in the first pic has no Albinos in its lineage, just good old fashioned Darwins. :D

The striped one is a het, but I have no plans to breed carpets so it doesn't have all that much meaning to me. I just liked the look of it.

What are peoples opinion on housing 2 albino Darwins of different sizes together?
i have a 18 month old female and a 8 month old male that are housed separately but would like to put them together to free up a tank for other reptiles. They will be fed separately to ensure no feeding conflicts.
The female is considerably larger then the male.

I wouldn't house any snakes together except for in large outdoor enclosures. Whether they are fed together or not there can be feeding conflicts, doesn't have to be any food involved.

What are peoples opinion on housing 2 albino Darwins of different sizes together?
i have a 18 month old female and a 8 month old male that are housed separately but would like to put them together to free up a tank for other reptiles. They will be fed separately to ensure no feeding conflicts.
The female is considerably larger then the male.

Firstly addressing the different sizes its not advisable to house two with one larger than the other as there is a chance the bigger one will eat the smaller one. I've heard of some people who have had two housed together for years and come home one day to find that the bigger had chowed down. I myself house my two childrens together and they are quite a different size but appear to enjoy living together. Addressing sex when they are old enough they will most definitely try to mate so there is that. As for the idea of feeding to make sure there isn't conflict I also do this just to make sure neither is hungry and wanting a meal. So it isn't really advisable bad things can easily happen and then you could be lucky. I put mine together as I didn't have housing for them separately and my first one had a big enough tank for two. And now they stress if kept apart. But I know its still a big risk. Once the smaller one of mine is the same size it would be better.

Love Darwins

Our DCP's have slowly grown in numbers due to their lovely nature and pure awesomeness's... No secret that Daria is one of my favs, there's Albert and Aila the albinos and a couple more... All growing like weeds...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 84
I can finally add to this thread :D
Picked up this little beauty last night from SXR/Reptilemania, she has a full dorsal stripe and a beautiful pattern to match.
Couldn't be happier with this little girl. She has the best temperament, no signs of aggression whatsoever.

This girl appears to be getting whiter with age.

Last edited:
I can finally add to this thread :D
Picked up this little beauty last night from SXR/Reptilemania, she has a full dorsal stripe and a beautiful pattern to match.
Couldn't be happier with this little girl. She has the best temperament, no signs of aggression whatsoever.

Wondering when u aw guna make the move ;)

I just love looking at this thread.. Here's an one of Ares from a while back, he has grown so much recently and is now a lot bigger! He's currently digesting a hopper, but next time he's out and about I'll grab an updated pic :)
vabujuma.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back