Is this a caramel jag?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

becwatson14

Not so new Member
Reaction score
ehynejy6.jpg
u4y2e9uq.jpg
4uqenepa.jpg
y9ete2ym.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

It came from what km gathering is a poor breeder and I'm feeling for ya Bec... Your other snake was a sib and he should replace as he has miss led u!! 2 many crooks about I tell ya... I would even trust the pics of the parent were true to be honest!!

I don't know myself what constitutes a jag, in fact I know very little about them, but whether it is or isn't I think its quite a nice snake. I guess the price tag has a lot to do with it?

Yes Norm its 'quite a nice snake'
but jag buyers dont want or pay for 'quite nice'

they pay for 'my god thats gorgeous'

if that actually is a jag its a very poor quality one

Yes Norm its 'quite a nice snake'
but jag buyers dont want or pay for 'quite nice'

they pay for 'my god thats gorgeous'

if that actually is a jag its a very poor quality one

Im only just starting to investigate the jag thing, and also reduced patterns. Would this be classed as RP instead?

Well it's definately a jag. Thinks its unlikely to be a caramel however but they do get alot of variation. Here is how our caramel looks. Would say yours is likely a bredli or darwin jag.

View attachment 309705

This doesn't look like a caramel jag to me. Maybe a 100% het. This guy is a high quality hypo caramel jag so you can really see the difference. View attachment 309706

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 309707

100% het for what? Caramel and Jag are both incomplete dominant so the hets are visible.

To the OP, I would say it does look Caremelish and Jagish but nobody except the breeder will be able to tell you for certain

What I thought you could? Lol I learnt something xD in which case I revoke my last comment and say that it could possibly be a caramel. Either way it still is a nice looking snake that any owner should be proud of. :)

I know she is a jag but I'm just wondering if she is a caramal. She has slight if not no black lining around her patterns and look very caramal compared to her brother also pictured

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back