Hunter Region Vets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varanoidea

Reaction score
Hey guys, planning on taking my beardie into the vets just for a general checkup before he goes down completely. I normally take my herps to sugarloaf but was wondering on peoples opinions on anyone else in the area? Thanks.

I've been to Ray Burton at Mt Hutton and found him excellent, both in price and service.

Mt Hutton and Edgeworth are the only other reptile vets in the area

"Paws" is a mobile pet vet in the area, I have had them come out to look at some pygmy bearded dragons I had rescued, one of them had a badly infected leg and Marcus and Kay from Paws were able to give me the antibiotics it needed on the spot, I now talk to them about all of my animals.

My friend just took her friend to the Edgeworth vets and they have the best customer service I have seen (it needed stiches once it had the op they sent her a pic message of her mac after the op with a message letting her know it went well)

Leave your wallet at Sugarloaf if you go there.

Not sure how you figure this but I was charged $70 for a consult and $25 for a course of antibiotics at sugarloaf. Only time I've had to take a snake to the vet and mount Hutton told me to go there because the rep vet there was away. At least at Sugar loaf they have a number of rep vets.
Took the dog to edgey today and it cost me $260 for bloods, heartworm and antibiotics. Snakes are cheap. lol

Not sure how you figure this but I was charged $70 for a consult and $25 for a course of antibiotics at sugarloaf. Only time I've had to take a snake to the vet and mount Hutton told me to go there because the rep vet there was away. At least at Sugar loaf they have a number of rep vets.
Took the dog to edgey today and it cost me $260 for bloods, heartworm and antibiotics. Snakes are cheap. lol

I paid $500 for a lizard to stay over night and it died ..... I now drive down the central coast to a vet that the reptile park uses. Is still cheaper then going back there.

All reptile vets in the hunter tell you to go to sugarloaf so that's what I did...

That sucks man. Can understand why you feel that way then. I wouldn't be happy either. If it helps edgey does seem pretty good for a new place. Haven't taken a reptile there yet but seen a lot there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back