Pink scale patch

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levold

Reaction score
Just took my girl out in the sun and saw this on her lower half.
yvy3u5a9.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398399571314.jpg I have just the past week lowered her night temp to 18°C to cool her for breeding. The underside of the red scales is blistered a bit. Could the cooling have caused it?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

She has a heat panel but I cant see her lifting her tail end up onto it for an extended period. Her cage is clean.
She has been crawling under a piece of fake turf the past few days. But doubt that.
Have put some silvazine cream (spelling may be wrong) on it.

Ok. I have her day at 40c and night at 30c . Does it sound like scale rot?

tevesy4u.jpg
I looked back at pic of her in 2011 when I got her. Vet diagnosed scale rot.

vyresehy.jpg
today this sore looks like this. Her temps are back up and have put silvadene and neosporen on the areas. They are a bit out of date but will get fresh stuff tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont see how she could burn herself. She has a proherp 120w heat panel and she couldn't put that area up to it. It it was on her head id agree with a burn.

Is it some kind of bruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe? She does have a tenancy to climb on to things and knock them over. But the scales were liquid filled for a day or so. She also has a small 3 scale area near this spot that is raised. Both areas are make her seem uneasy if I touch them.

I'd say scale rot if she has had it before, don't drop her temps so dramatically next time round as this would not of helped the situation.
I drop mine 2c every week or two to slowly bring their inner core temps down gradually and only to 22-20c at most.

JMO

Have been putting silvazine 0.1% on her for a week. The area that was pink is now blackish.
5abedyru.jpg
it looks just like her dark scales in this pic. But I assume its just dried blood under the scales.. she has gone into a shedding so should shed in a week.

2uhuje6a.jpg

u2ebuteq.jpg

enysyveg.jpg

je9e3a4a.jpg

So my girl shed today. The affected scales came off and left small wounds... I put mecurachrome on the open parts for now. Im surprised how deep the one wound is.

Not sure if its helpful but a snake showing similar scales on fb was diagnosed with gout. Maybe ask your vet to test for that? The post was on "reptile quarrentine and virus awareness" if you want to check it out

Thanks. Requested to join that group... think I need to find a new vet. Was told my ones reptile Dr left the clinic.

Not sure if its helpful but a snake showing similar scales on fb was diagnosed with gout. Maybe ask your vet to test for that? The post was on "reptile quarrentine and virus awareness" if you want to check it out

That's what I think it is, I PM that article to him back on the 29/4.

Thanks. Requested to join that group... think I need to find a new vet. Was told my ones reptile Dr left the clinic.

In that case I would defintly find a vet that knows what there doing with reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back