Unusual Situation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shell477

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So my sisters boyfriend Michael has just traveled up to Sunshine Coast to be with his family as his brother passed away recently.

This brother has a spotted python, and these people have no idea what to do with it. I don't even know what happens in a situation like this where the legal owner has passed away. Is anyone able to shed some advice on this matter?

If anyone can help out with advice, I will be happy

Thanks, Shelly

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 309722View attachment 309723

Attachments

• IMAG0174.jpg
    IMAG0174.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMAG0175.jpg
    IMAG0175.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 134
The next of kin needs to contact parks and wildlife..... Get the advice from them

im sure that's the last thing the next of Kin wants to do! you could probably ring national parks your self and ask them - you might be able to change the license into your BF's ? (sorry to hear about the loss)

You might find that the next of kin has to do it (and likely provide proof of death). Calling to find out won't do any harm. I would hope though that someone can't just call and say they are my boyfriends sister and change my licence details!

Very sorry for your loss, and best of luck whatever happens.

sorry Junglelove that is exactly what must happen, as well as proof of death is required as well. Its a reality that is required (contact made by next of kin) its not personal.

I helped a lady out recently who's husband had passed away although in this case she wanted to keep his snake. DERM were quite helpful and advised me to complete her License application, then we completed a movement permit and sent in DERM's copies along with a copy of the death certificate.

Thanks everyone, this has been sorted out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back