Snake ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saximus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is the only photo as it's on behalf of a friend. Located around Cairns.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 200
Green Tree Snake - yellow form.

Jamie

Can I ask what features you are basing this on? Not saying you are wrong but I can hardly see any distinguishing features on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the general form, the colour (nothing much else it could be) and the long narrow head. Can't be much else - the yellow form is common across the top end and the Kimberley. The species comes in blue, yellow, black and green forms.

Jamie

Based on the general form, the colour (nothing much else it could be) and the long narrow head. Can't be much else - the yellow form is common across the top end and the Kimberley. The species comes in blue, yellow, black and green forms.

Jamie

Cheers mate, this is a very nice colour phase indeed. I have seen most other coloured ones and I think this and the blue are the best.

e5ezy6aq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie i tend too agree with you but i have seen a few green trees up that way and the ones ive seen in that area are black from cairns and up too cape trib. The only yellow ones ive seen are as you said from the top end. Just my thoughts, maybe some locals can confirm this yellow form round that way.

Positive id is very difficult from the photo but i beleive it to be tree snake, as jamie said...the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back