Holding 4 elapids and once to Catch Rabbits?(video)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a website on this Ucles dude. He was going to go to Africa and start barehand wildlife catching over there. I haven't seen anything from him since. I wonder if he was barehanded by a buffalo or a boomslang?

Based on the reactions to being hoisted off the ground, I reckon the red-bellies and tiger were about as wild caught as he was appropriately dressed for catching them. Tigers also tend to be out when it is colder than what RBB's prefer - certainly not midday wellout in the open when it is hot enough to run around without a shirt. RBB's and Tigers both like swampy ground and rabbits don't, so I doubt the snakes came from anywhere near the rabbit warren. Given the complexity of a warren, it simply would not work because the snakes will not pursue adult rabbits. If they did, all they are likely to get for their trouble is a face face full of dirt and dust, hurled at speed, or a very nasty sharp kick in the head. I reckon that's why the rabbit just happened to make its appearance off screen. I wonder if he would be prepared to try the same thing with an eastern brown or three?

Maybe I am being a bit harsh on the fellow's attempt at entertainment? But then again, there is always the chance that some twit might try and emulate the behaviour and come unstuck big time. Say no more.

Blue

Im dragging up this old thread because i just watched it on net then ....crossed it while watching other snake related stuff lol and OMG lol???? First i thought it was a comedy type skit with rubber snakes. I then watched on realising they werent rubber absolutely gob smacked. Whatever his reasons are in one word CRaZY much
using deadly snakes to catch food to save yourself from starvation lol umm think i would sooner starve. Im with blue on this one all seems staged lol but to me it was entertaining ha ha i watched till the end.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I loved the video of him catching the lacey , then he had to prise the lacey off himself ..

Lol im gonna watch that one now

Based on the reactions to being hoisted off the ground, I reckon the red-bellies and tiger were about as wild caught as he was appropriately dressed for catching them. Tigers also tend to be out when it is colder than what RBB's prefer - certainly not midday wellout in the open when it is hot enough to run around without a shirt. RBB's and Tigers both like swampy ground and rabbits don't, so I doubt the snakes came from anywhere near the rabbit warren. Given the complexity of a warren, it simply would not work because the snakes will not pursue adult rabbits. If they did, all they are likely to get for their trouble is a face face full of dirt and dust, hurled at speed, or a very nasty sharp kick in the head. I reckon that's why the rabbit just happened to make its appearance off screen. I wonder if he would be prepared to try the same thing with an eastern brown or three?

Maybe I am being a bit harsh on the fellow's attempt at entertainment? But then again, there is always the chance that some twit might try and emulate the behaviour and come unstuck big time. Say no more.

Blue

Not having a dig at you Bluetongue1, but I have quite often caught or found both tigers and red bellies high up in hilly country and no where near swamps, as well as in elevated positions in hilly paddocked farmland.
Try herping down around Lake Jindabyne or Oberon. I have found large Eastern tigers on mountain tops in the Tweed Valley.
Considering that rabbits and rats can both share accomodation and food reserves, I don't actually see a problem with this technique working. Granted, it is on film.... but as far as I see it, considering I have personally removed a wild diamond python from inside a pet rabbit hutch, curling up with the rabbit for warmth, the only difference being that maybe a wild rabbit would not allow a snake near it while the pet rabbit really had no choice if it was to stay warm through the night time temperatures.
I have seen quite a few of Ucles short movies and don't actually think he is that bad. He is different, but he does have quite a good understanding of nature and wildlife. Most people that I know that try to revert back to stone age type of living or hunting are a bit crazy, but very intellectual people are thought of like that too! His Africa stuff was pretty cool from what I did see.

Its wild life at its finest lol ive watched a heap of him today and i find his style quite hillarious

Cement,
You're being factual is not an issue but actually desirable. I was very broad in my comment and rather too dismissive of these animals occurring well away from water. Tigers seems to be more dependent on water bodies than RBB but both can be found well away from water. They certainly occur in greatest density where food is plentiful, such as near water. I was thinking at the time that you would need to be in that sort of area to collect them. I am very sceptical that this would work as ferrets have to actively chase the rabbits to get hem out of a burrow and I cannot see a snake doing that. It is a very slim possibility in my book.

While I have not seen any of his other work i am happy to take your word that there is some good stuff there and so I will check it out if I come across it. Without your recommendation I doubt I would have bothered.

Thanks for keeping me honest. Lol.

Blue

I'm amazed this moron is still alive. Remember that video of a young lacie tearing him to shreds when he attempted to catch it? Comedy gold.

Based on the reactions to being hoisted off the ground, I reckon the red-bellies and tiger were about as wild caught as he was appropriately dressed for catching them. Tigers also tend to be out when it is colder than what RBB's prefer - certainly not midday wellout in the open when it is hot enough to run around without a shirt. RBB's and Tigers both like swampy ground and rabbits don't, so I doubt the snakes came from anywhere near the rabbit warren.
Blue

I have often seen tigers living around rabbits, ive even seen adults basking outside rabbit burrows and shoot in them when i approach them!

Oh wow...the more i watch the more i like this guy. The spitting cobra one is a good watch lol @ the monkeys comment ha ha i agree! :p

I like you Blue am fairly sceptical of the level of authenticity in this guys work. A good friend of mine pointed out this clip some time ago and while it initially makes for impressive viewing it smells of staging. My biggest problem is believing he actually held previously captured snakes and searched further a field and located more without bagging them in between. The rule of thumb applied, the longer you stick your head in the lions mouth the greater the chance of being bitten.

The guy is gonna meet his match one day I think. Blue you seem a wise man to me by the way....just saying.

Richoman,
I am glad someone deleted your opening comment as it was straight out offensive. Addressing people like that is a particularly effective way losing their respect, especially when coupled with arrogance. You have a lot to offer and do not need to run down others in the process.

Cement already raised this issue with me and I confessed to being too dismissive but did explain why. I refer you to my response to Cement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you monty'srainbow. I can assure you there are plenty of days and times when I feel anything but wise. I just save my best days for APS Lol. Besides which, when you have made as many mistakes as I in life you start to learn.
If I may, What I can say of yourself is that I noted there is a most enchanting balance between strength of character and a gentle caring and kindness....just saying.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Richoman,
I am glad someone deleted your opening comment as it was straight out offensive. Addressing people like that is a particularly effective way losing their respect, especially when coupled with arrogance. You have a lot to offer and do not need to run down others in the process.

Blue

Atleast i know what im talking about sometimes, instead of just guessing or looking on wikipedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back