Is this a caramel jag?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you need to do some more research bec. I hope it wasn't the breeder that told you that.

I can't tell you whether she is or she isn't but I'd be questioning whether I would ever buy from this person again. If he/she has given you false information then the only real way to prove whether its jag or not is to breed it out.

Please ignore the negative comments. That is a jag. I breed some of the best jags around and none of my animals have silver eyes.

Please ignore the negative comments. That is a jag. I breed some of the best jags around and none of my animals have silver eyes.

Unless you bred it how can you possibly guarantee that is a jag?
Yes I fully understand some of your jags are to die for in looks
Where would rate this one??

Whatever kind of snake it is, it's beautiful and I'd be super psyched to have a snake like that! (sorry can't answer your question)

It looks like a caramel Jag to me. They aren't all as stunning as the few that the breeders select to show off, same with any morph or even wild types. Just because it isn't as great as some doesn't mean it came from a poor breeder.

OMG confusion in the reptile hobby re: purity/morphs. Who would of predicted that 10 years ago lmao

9yga6u4u.jpg
utubaru8.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1400460579958.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

A couple new pics one close up of her eye

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Just to make it a little easier to help see if she may be a caramel or to help to decide what she may be here is a photo of her i took just before, with flash and without flash

Attachments

• Snakes 19052014 070.jpg
    Snakes 19052014 070.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Snakes 19052014 071.jpg
    Snakes 19052014 071.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 79
OMG confusion in the reptile hobby re: purity/morphs. Who would of predicted that 10 years ago lmao
This topic isn't about the confusion of purity, but about this animal being a morph.
yes it is confusion about the morph, and it's good that they've actually asked about it instead of just claiming it as I have seen many do before.

A couple new pics one close up of her eye

Just to make it a little easier to help see if she may be a caramel or to help to decide what she may be here is a photo of her i took just before, with flash and without flash

To me it does look caramel, but that said, without seeing the parents and other siblings it will be hard to tell.
Reason being is that if it has a high % coastal blood, it could be just clutch variation.
Add in the jag (which does to an extent reduce black as well) and this could be just a normal jag.

Thanks
Shaun.

Looks like a Caramel Jag to me. It just has a messier pattern than you would typically see. It could have been crossed into another subspecies, My Bredli Jag doesn't have a typical Jag pattern. It could be a reduced pattern sibling as well but I do not think it is the case.

Well the Sire is a caramel Jag and the dam looks like a light coastal jag.
So it will be very hard to tell what yours is without seeing the rest of the clutch.

What was it sold to you as?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back