How does the freight system work?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aelodrea

Reaction score
Im new to the world of snakes and i just want to clear up how it works.

Say if i bought from QLD and paid the export/import (i live in SA) would i have to go and pick them up from the closest airport?

If so this may prove a problem as i dont have my license (working on it, been unemployed for ages because reasons but got a job FINALLY...)
SO in saying that, do/can they also send the little guys to your house?
If not do they send to country airports? (I live in Murray Bridge)

Most people use AAE which is now Qantas freight, look on their webpage for their airport destinations. Though not all their airports accept animals. This service is airport to airport. There are some door to door couriers though most of them seem to only want to do the main routes so Murray Bridge may be an issue.

you could contact an animal transport service to pick it up from the airport and get it delivered to you address. Normally it's a large city to another large city through AAE

Qantas Freight (formerly AAE) deliver to Adelaide Airport. You would either need to pick it up from there, or arrange for a courier to pick it up.

I know that when i lived in Tailem Bend there was a carrier in Murray Bridge called Lelasi carriers that did a daily service from Murray Bridge to Adelaide Airport and back to Murray Bridge and surrounds, their pricing was pretty good from memory, i think it cost me $30 for my dog from Adelaide Airport to Tailem Bend. :) ...........................Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back