new enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakegirlie

Reaction score
got my first terrarium, cant wait to stock it :)
yry3avy4.jpg

Will look great once its filled

life really is like a box of chocolates

Those enclosures look great but are a problem to maintain heat. You will notice that your heat globe will run about 50% of the time or 12 hours per day. Melamine enclosures retain the heat a lot better...

Those enclosures look great but are a problem to maintain heat. You will notice that your heat globe will run about 50% of the time or 12 hours per day. Melamine enclosures retain the heat a lot better...

yes i have herd this, it is surrounded by melamine where it is so hopefully it will make a bit of a difference.

I'm in Brisbane and have no problem with these in summer. In winter I tape thin foam sheet to the sides....works a treat at maintaining the heat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's an awesome tip, [MENTION=17497]MrThumper[/MENTION], thanks! I have a foam back ground, but will be using this on the cold days if the heat readings drop in winter :)

all set up and ready for my blue tongue that im picking up sunday, just need to get another hide.
3asumu9a.jpg

all set up and ready for my blue tongue that im picking up sunday, just need to get another hide.
3asumu9a.jpg

Ditch the red light for a normal white spot light. Your basking spot also needs to be 35 degrees +. Also, how far away is the uv light?
Other than that it looks good.

Ditch the red light for a normal white spot light. Your basking spot also needs to be 35 degrees +. Also, how far away is the uv light?
Other than that it looks good.

ok but not gonna waste a new globe will swap it when that one is buggered. checked all the temperatures and everything is good. the uv light is about 40cm from the surface :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back