What locality would people think this BHP is?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharskie

Reaction score
I know you won't be able to tell exactly from photos but I wanted opinions as to what locality people think this BHP may be. Thank you in advance
ebusegaj.jpg

Wow, that bottom one has a lot of resemblance to my male I pictured. In fact it actually looks like my female with the banding being slightly darker. Hmmmmmmm this is frustrating me, every time I think I have it figured out I get a massive curve ball.

What makes you think it even has a locality? Most captive snakes aren't locale.

What makes you think it even has a locality? Most captive snakes aren't locale.

I truly agree with you but I was hoping for an educated guess as to what locality it appears to resemble the most.
Considering BHPs habitat varies from semi tropical to dessert I think it's safe to say that depending on locality, keeping and breeding condition will vary significantly.

Considering BHPs habitat varies from semi tropical to dessert I think it's safe to say that depending on locality, keeping and breeding condition will vary significantly.
Not at all and they will all interbreed with each other. I keep my tropical Kimberly the same as desert pilbs. Doesn't make any difference.
I don't believe in guessing locale. It's either non specific or you can trace the history to original wild caught that isn't mixed with other locales.
QLD specimens do get bigger though. (much like their women :p )

Not at all and they will all interbreed with each other. I keep my tropical Kimberly the same as desert pilbs. Doesn't make any difference.

Ah cool! I was a touch worried I was going to have to set up the enclosures in replica of the locality which they came from.

Ah cool! I was a touch worried I was going to have to set up the enclosures in replica of the locality which they came from.

Nope. I live in Perth so a good 2,400km from where my Kimberleys live/came from. I just give them 34 degrees basking and the cool end is room temp.

Nope. I live in Perth so a good 2,400km from where my Kimberleys live/came from. I just give them 34 degrees basking and the cool end is room temp.

Are you using heat mats or globes?

Home made heat panel. So they can sit in the shelf and get worm or bask underneath it.

Like that a lot mate. Any chance of some full enclosure shots so I can get an idea of how far bellow the basking spot is? What watt heat cord?

I would make some sort of joke about being behind the rest of the country but it's never wide to poke fun at someone your asking a favour from. Hahaha

There's no way you can pick a BHP locale off a photo, if it even had a locale. Perhaps NT or QLD based on size... perhaps. But that'd be it.

Also, is that a piece of fibro on the bottom of the shelf as a fire retardant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back