Cranky Bredli? Caudal luring?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stary boy

Reaction score
Hi all, quick question for the experienced breeders out there, I know its way to eary for bredlis to be doing the dirty but I noticed my female (HUGE 4 years over fed her whole life,not by me. Never seen another snake) a little swollen and lumpy an thought never know and threw the boy in. She has had no night heat for 6 weeks now, bit early but we had a cold snap I wanted to make the most of and hasnt been fed a decent meal in a while as when I got her at the beggining of the year she was morbidly obese. ANyway... she seemed ****** off wiggling her tail not like hey baby come here but ahh dont touch me run away curl up on the other side of the enclosure.

Am I right in assuming this is a warning to him not caudal luring(?) and if so what the go with lumpy belly-o def 24 hours of bigger lumpy end 1/3 of body... in may...on a bredli?? anyone?

Bredli don't caudal lure, so its not that. It was most likely an agitative response to another snake.
As for the lumps; get it checked out by a vet, if it's been overweight all it's life it could be pretty serious. Tumors have a habit of popping up on reptiles very quickly...

Well thats what I though too, that bredlis dont caudal lure but there is such conflicting information online and somewhere amognst the millions of pages of python behaviour I could find a couple claimed they have and do. The lumps werent pronounced lumps, more a swelling which to me looks similar to ovulation in my other snakes kept.

I was nervous about breeding her after being overweight but she is of healthy weight now so just hoping it doesnt have any ill effects on the whole process.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back