Enclosure size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joel0395

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have owned my bredli for a month now, and he came with his enclosure, I have been tol that he is about 8 months old now, and he is 1.1 metres long. The enclosure he is in is 600x400 and im not sure if he has outgrown it, I have a large tank that currently houses my axolotl which is 1200x600 and I plan to swap them around, can anyone see any size issue with this move?

Also at the local pet shop they sell red sand, is this a suitable substrate?

Thanks

I use fake grass
if you feed in the enclosure sand may cause problems
1200x600 or bigger is fine for fully size bredli
I don't know much about axolotl's

The axolotl will be fine in the smaller tank, ive just been told pythons arent meant to be in too large of an enclosure. I dont feed him in the enclosure

Be careful of the red sand as it often stains the snake and easily gets stuck on thawed feeds due to the moisture which could cause problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would avoid sand and go with something else (I use Aspen as a substrate personally as it settles well, isn't messy or dusty and doesn't get tracked or moved around the enclosure exposing the base)

I would definitely swap them around.

Sand is a big fat no no as snake substrate in general. High risk of impaction.
Also, 3.5ft for an 8 month old Bredli is quite large, either it a bit older or is being well overfed.

The axolotl will be fine in the smaller tank, ive just been told pythons arent meant to be in too large of an enclosure. I dont feed him in the enclosure

Whats the reasoning behind pythons not being in to large of an enclosure? I have a 1 yr old SWCP living in an enclosure about 900x600x1100 is this to large?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back