Reduced Black?? Coastal Carpet???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterForest

Reaction score
Hey i'm looking at buying this snake and I was wondering if any one could help me. I was told she is a reduced black but I havent seen photos of the parents. I have never seen this kind of patterns on a Coastal Carpet have you ?

I am wanting to breed her to my male Coastal Carpet (when old enough) and I'm concerned that she is a crossed. Is there any way to know if she is or not ?

She hasnt eaten yet (she is a hatchling) will that affect her down the track ?

IMG_3624.jpgIMG_6199.jpg

Can't say for sure, but it does kinda look like it has some bredli in it.
Don't buy it until you know it has eaten, the seller probably should even be offering it for sale until its had a feed or two

Be aware that carpets will change dramatically and gain black until they are two years old. Unless it is genetic hypo and you can see that in photos of the parents, which should be offered, don't believe anything. There really is no way to tell if it is a mutt or pure. At least 3 feeds and closer to 10 should have gone through it before even being offered for sale....

Looks like a normal coastal carpet hatchy to me and if it has the black is already coming in with no feeds yet it will turn out like a normal carpet and the black will creep in over the first two years.
Normal coastal hatchy not hypo/reduced black.

It has more black in it than my one of my normal coastals had at that age. She grew out to look like any other standard coastal.

Thank you for all your replies :)

Oh I should have stated I dont have this snake in my care. She is still with the owner as she isnt even for sale yet and wont be for a month or so when she is going well, feeding,shedding, etc. It sucks you cant know for sure what breed they are. Thank you all for helping me.

e2eqa8e3.jpg

That's my coastal, I bred her myself, mines a hypo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally would be wary of a breeder who isn't more up front about the parentage of the snake. Either ask to see the parents, or at least some decent photos of them. Could be the breeder is trying for a higher price by telling you the snake is reduced black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back