Perth petshops or reptile dealers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cmclean

Hi all,
Travelling to Perth soon and would appreciate any information on which pet shops or dealers sell reptiles in the Perth region. I would like to visit a few while there and see some endemic species.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

Don't think there are any shops mate. Wasn't when I lived there a couple years back.
As for dealers, good luck with getting a breeder to show you their collection...
WA isn't exactly known as progressive when it comes to native animal ownership.
Best bet is to either go to Perth Zoo or Armadale Reptile Centre. If you really want to, head up to Broome and check out the Broome Crocodile Park founded by Malcolm Douglas.

If you just want to see endemic species you might be better off going to the Armadale Reptile Centre, which has most major species on display. They have a website - check it out. There are a couple of other parks here worth visiting as well. Pet shops tend only to stock the higher-selling species, and not all pet stores stock reptiles. There are some private dealers here as well, but they'd most likely only entertain a visit if you were a genuine buyer.

See Ken at Reptile and grow down in Rocko, great bloke really knows his stuff and is always keen to help out.

Don't think there are any shops mate. Wasn't when I lived there a couple years back.

There have been pet stores selling reptiles for the last 10 or 12 years. Though they don't stock much. A few stimis. carpet pythons and pygmy bearded usually.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,
Travelling to Perth soon and would appreciate any information on which pet shops or dealers sell reptiles in the Perth region. I would like to visit a few while there and see some endemic species.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks
There isn't a great deal that you'd see that you cant see over east. You can actually keep more WA endemics than we can here in WA.
As Adderboy pointed out, ARC is probably your best bet.

If you just want to see endemic species you might be better off going to the Armadale Reptile Centre, which has most major species on display. They have a website - check it out. There are a couple of other parks here worth visiting as well. Pet shops tend only to stock the higher-selling species, and not all pet stores stock reptiles. There are some private dealers here as well, but they'd most likely only entertain a visit if you were a genuine buyer.

Well you can entertain me next year when you have your Expo on & I'll be a genuine buyer if you have some adders available lol.

Well you can entertain me next year when you have your Expo on & I'll be a genuine buyer if you have some adders available lol.

Hahah, yeah, I just have to persuade one of the females that the male adders are really good looking... Then you can have all the Canning Dams you want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back