Not Sure If I Should Handle My Snake.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SxcAy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok iv got a diamond python about 2 years old my fridge went out so mu rats got all bad then I bought a fridge then I realized it was my power and I fixed that all this was about 2months I whent buy food today but shops are out till next week can I handle my snake atm? Or should have of handled him?

You're worried your snake will bite you because he/she is hungry?

Maybe you should feed it and think about handling it another time.

Maybe you should feed it and think about handling it another time.

He can't feed it which is what he is saying. OP, I doubt your snake will go crazy and try to eat you after just two months. Handling as normal should be fine.

I know i was just suggesting he wait to feed it then handle thats all :)

Go ahead and handle it, this time of year its probably not looking to feed anyway.

I agree with Norm - and also , why would you want to feed a diamond python this time of year ??? its winter !
I have kept diamonds for 40 yrs and never feed them between april - sept. Later for breeders. Can you also please use full stops and punctuation in your messages - lol - i had to read it 5 times to fully understand it. We are not all young blokes on here mate , using mobile phones.

I would handle the diamond as much as possible
no harm in handling only harm if not handled

Snakes should be handle whenever possible i like to hold mine whenever I get the chance if you don't handle it much they can become a little cage defensive

There is a big difference between what you like and what will harm the animal. The snake gets little to nothing from being handled other than maybe a warm at this time of year.

Look if you don't handle your snakes that's kool IMO snakes should be handled
the snake gets a lot from being handled it gets use to the owners smell lots of handling settles the snake it's good for the snake more so when they are young
a snake that is handle a lot is more happy once out of the encloser and settles quick
The only harm that's gonna happen won't be to the snake lol

You don't read much do you?
Snakes are mostly solitary animal's, they get nothing out of being handled and they don't really care about it. Snakes do not "enjoy" being handled they tolerate it. I barely handle mine and I can get all 14 of mine out without a hook, no harm done to me.

the snake gets a lot from being handled it gets use to the owners smell lots of handling settles the snake it's good for the snake more so when they are young
a snake that is handle a lot is more happy once out of the encloser and settles quick

Absolute nonsense...

Jamie

Wowza....such a tiny winy question has turned into such a big deal. lol

You don't read much do you?
Snakes are mostly solitary animal's, they get nothing out of being handled and they don't really care about it. Snakes do not "enjoy" being handled they tolerate it. I barely handle mine and I can get all 14 of mine out without a hook, no harm done to me.

wow don't read much lol ok then I never said that snakes "enjoy" being handled I'm just saying in my opinion and it is my opinion that it is good to handle them as much as possible so back to the question being asked by sxcay yes go on handle the snake

- - - Updated - - -

Absolute nonsense...

Jamie

??? Hmmmmm

- - - Updated - - -

Straight to the point, I like it. About the only point in there that has any validity is about the snake getting used to the smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so you don't think a snakes can tell the difference between the smell of a prey item like a rat and your hand ????

so you don't think a snakes can tell the difference between the smell of a prey item like a rat and your hand ????
I think that you will find that I said that was the only valid point in your statement which means I agree that a snake can smell the difference.

Mate you seem to have all the answers so I'm surprised you posted the original question.
I bow to your superior knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back