Buy/sell/free etc thread for non subscribers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amynickid

Not so new Member
Reaction score
We really should have a classifieds section for the unsubscribed as well, we would have more sales/give aways/swaps wtb etc if the unsubscribed members were aloud to post ads also.

Orrr you could just pay the $15 to subscribe and have access to selling :p

To post adds you must become a subscriber, it's what the subscription is for.
Cheers Cameron

If non subscribers posted ads then what's the need for a subscription? Thus the forum will lack funding and will die.

Ditto for all of the above ;) people can spend more than $15 a day on take away food :shock: (I know not every-one) I think the answer is really self explanatory :)

Last edited:
I've been hanging around for 5 years but that doesn't entitle me to any freebies,why should I or anybody else make money for free.If you want to make money put up a little.

The classifides for the unsubscribed is called gumtree....
I seriously can't believe the op....

Surely with the huge amounts of money made from breeding reptiles ( insert sarcastic expression here ) $15 is hardly going to break the bank! Try posting an ad in your daily paper and see what that costs.

Umm I'm real new to this how do I post

From my personally gained knowledge

I myself don't breed therefore dont make any money at all from my reptiles.. how about people like me? we shoudl at least be alout to post replies so we can purchase off the subscribers. This is what i mean, take into consideration other peoples lives.

I myself don't breed therefore dont make any money at all from my reptiles.. how about people like me? we shoudl at least be alout to post replies so we can purchase off the subscribers. This is what i mean, take into consideration other peoples lives.

Thats what the private message function is for, so your transactions remain private if you are purchasing off other members.

its pointless selling something thats worth less than $15 like a water bowl to pay for subscription, i rarely sell things. I prefer to buy, don't see why I need to subscribe to buy something. I understand subscriptions keep the website going.

- - - Updated - - -

yes i know about the messages. I was just sayng we unsubscribers should be aloud to post a threat to sell something , not everything in this world needs to reem money out of people

No one can reply to "for sale" ads except the original poster. Youre not missing out on buying. As stated above, you private message the person or call them if they enter a phone number in the ad.

As for selling for free,
One could argue is it worth getting upset that you can't sell your water bowl that's less than $10?
As stated there are other wildly popular free reptile classified sites and also gumtree.

All the image hosting bandwidth, software upgrades etc on this site has to be paid for somehow.
Members dont often like to donate for the hell of it to keep a site going.

its pointless selling something thats worth less than $15 like a water bowl to pay for subscription, i rarely sell things. I prefer to buy, don't see why I need to subscribe to buy something. I understand subscriptions keep the website going.

- - - Updated - - -

yes i know about the messages. I was just sayng we unsubscribers should be aloud to post a threat to sell something , not everything in this world needs to reem money out of people

You don't need a subscription to buy things. On the ads, the seller lists ways to contact them and by not allowing replies to for sale ads it stops posts being bumped and flooded.

Cheaper items like water bowls are probably better off being sold locally on Gumtree, Facebook, etc as it is not really worth the buyer paying postage for something like that.

I've noticed in a couple of your posts you have come across needlessly defensive and you have used the line "take into consideration other people's lives" a few times.

Just looking at the viability of such a section... say there is a maximum price limit to it, eg. items under $50 can be advertised free, it could easily be abused by people who don't want to pay the subscription fee. It would be difficult and time consuming to moderate. The Mods do have lives away from the computer screen, something to be taken into consideration. A while ago the freebie or wanted section (I can't quite recall which) on here could be posted in by people who weren't subscribers and very quickly became flooded by for sale ads.

$15 isn't unreasonable for a year and this site does generate a lot of views.

Last edited:
if the item is under $15 and u don't want to subscribe then ya best bet is gumtree as its free ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back