Jungle sib???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

longqi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Exactly what is a jungle sibling?

Seen it mentioned a few times recently
Once even as 100% pure jungle sib

Typically it refers to the offspring of a Jaguar parent that does not posses the Jaguar gene. In this case they would never be 100% Jungle since they have been crossed. It is a term used to disclose that it is not pure. It's a common term in North America.

Ive been doing a bit of reading late on morphs and was after a definition on this term myself, [MENTION=20112]longqi[/MENTION]. I haven't done search and there might already be one, but a glossary of the terms used would be a great addition to this site.

Ive been doing a bit of reading late on morphs and was after a definition on this term myself, @longqi. I haven't done search and there might already be one, but a glossary of the terms used would be a great addition to this site.

This might help, although it doesn't contain a definition for a Sib: https://aussiepythons.com/wiki/Glossary-of-Common-Terms

Sib – Short for Sibling.
Definition from Oxford Dictionary:
“Each of two or more children or offspring having one or both parents in common; a brother or sister.”

Jag Sib - The non-Jags in a clutch which may also contain Jags. AKA the siblings of Jags. Results from pairing a Jag with either another Jag or a Wild Type Carpet.
XXX Sib – A Jag Sib where “XXX” refers to the sub-species of the non-Jag parent. E.g. Jungle Sib results from pairing a Jungle with a Jag.

This is a widely known term, especially to someone who has been around for as long as the OP. My question is what are the motives for starting this thread? The OP is a known critic of Jags/Hybrids

Last edited:
This might help, although it doesn't contain a definition for a Sib: https://aussiepythons.com/wiki/Glossary-of-Common-Terms

Sib – Short for Sibling.
Definition from Oxford Dictionary:
“Each of two or more children or offspring having one or both parents in common; a brother or sister.”

Jag Sib - The non-Jags in a clutch which may also contain Jags. AKA the siblings of Jags. Results from pairing a Jag with either another Jag or a Wild Type Carpet.
XXX Sib – A Jag Sib where “XXX” refers to the sub-species of the non-Jag parent. E.g. Jungle Sib results from pairing a Jungle with a Jag.

This is a widely known term, especially to someone who has been around for as long as the OP. My question is what are the motives for starting this thread? The OP is a known critic of Jags/Hybrids

This question had nothing to do with Jags or hybrids
I totally understand Jag Sibling and applaud sellers who use that accurate term when selling Jag siblings

My question is What is a Jungle Sibling?

What can possibly be a Pure Jungle Sibling??

If it is referring to Jags it is totally incorrect and should be stopped asap

Jag Sibling is correct
Jag/Jungle sibling is correct
Any other term is incorrect

I was hoping it had some other rational explanation not involving crosses

Pretty much lazy sellers who instead of writing jungle jag sib, simply write jungle sib. I have seen the 100% jungle sib tag before which turned out to be the result of a jungle jag x pure jungle. The seller had a pretty poor understanding of genetics.

I have seen the 100% jungle sib tag before which turned out to be the result of a jungle jag x pure jungle. The seller had a pretty poor understanding of genetics.

That's exactly why I want to know what I`m talking about before I even consider breeding any of these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back