Tell me your Green Tree Frog Baselines

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavrick

Reaction score
I'm in the process of setting up a tank for some Green Tree Frogs and I'd like to know where those who already have GTF's, set their basics. So if you have some, please tell me the following of your enclosure.

Your Base Humidity
Ambient Tank Temp
Water Temp

Also, I'd like to hear what you use to heat the enclosure, so...

Heating techniques - Overhead, heatpad?... wattage, 24hr or timer?

Thanks in advance!

Considering your posting from Adelaide (though I've never been there) I don't think heating should be a major concern.
But basically if you have a sufficient body of water then a water heater is the most ideal.
Mine's currently set at 28C for the Sydney winter ahead. The downside to this is the amount of evaporation so I'm constantly topping up about 2 litres every 7 days.

Another option, though slightly uglier in appearance, is to tape a heat mat to the actual side of the (glass) tank....this way the frogs can decide themselves to hang/sleep on the heated side or move elsewhere.
I use the smallest heat mat available & don't bother with a thermostat but the temp. gun reads about 35C.

8e5epury.jpg

1x 600x450x600mm exoterra
1x 15w heater (set at 26-28c)
1x powerhead filter
1xuvb
2x6500k cfls

This is my setup for 4 red eyed tree frogs, im also in adelaide. Having the big body of water allows me to use very little power to keep it warm enough for them, evaporation add humidity and i can control it from little humidity to about 95% humidity if i wish.

Green tree frogs can cope with the dry no problems so i wouldnt be focusing on having the humidity too high, somewhere between 30-65% will be fine (misting every 1-2days).

Heating they can prefer 26-32c, but a warm water body will allow your ambient tank temps can be a little lower as they can warm up if they choose. I wouldnt let temps drop much lower then 22c over night.

Rick

Thanks guys, very helpful. I think my water section is large enough to have me avoid needing light/ceramic heating during the day, but I'm thinking a night heat will be needed, very chilly in my house overnight.

Snake 1, I don't need photos of tanks bud, I just wanted written stats of baselines. My tank looks bitching already. lol

This is true, I do confess lol. My pics are on my phone, and the lighting is bad as I don't have a compact top for the tank yet, so I can't flash my goods just yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back