Cranky Bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexbee

Hey guys and girls

I have a pretty aggressive 4 months old bredli python, I understand that they are pretty snappy when little but this little guy tends to bite all the time, when doing any type of handling. can anyone tell me at what age they typically settle? and if there is anyway to help them settle? also at 4 months is one pinky a week enough food? thanks

Others may tell u differtent but i believe some are nicer than others lol. As long as you have the temps right and plenty of hides theres not alot u can do to make it less snappy and from what ive read alot do settle with age. Maybe try leaving it alone for a couple of weeks...how long have you had it?
I think 1 pinky a week is fine :)

Yeah this one doesn't seem to be very nice haha.. I mean anyone who buys a snake thinking it will never draw some blood is an idiot but yeah just kinda wish he didn't want to kill everything that moved.. ive had him now for 10-11 weeks.. he bit me when I was at the dealers house haha so its kinda a thing he was born with

It's not an exact science. Some snakes will settle down with regular handling and time, some just time, and some don't really ever stop being snappy. Hatchies are scared of everything, especially warm blooded giants. I'm always a proponent of allowing it time to settle in it's own time (and Bredli's are a relatively docile species typically), but if you want to use handling to settle it, use short confident handling sessions and allow for plenty to rest time in between. By confident I mean try not to flinch and pull away when it strikes and keep your handling slow and steady, never touching the top third of its body.

Assuming it has been eating well, pinkies are too small for a four month old Bredli. Are you talking about pinky rats or mice? If it's mice it's far too small. And hatchies can be fed once every 5 days instead of per week.

Yeah he has been eating really well, never refused a feed, They are pinky rats, I just got more yesterday.. I looked at the fuzzies but they looked too big

Sorry, I thought you meant pinky mice. If you've had it for 11 weeks and it's eaten every week, I think you'd be fine moving it up to fuzzies, should down them with no drama.

I gave him a pinky yesterday and just tried to see if he wanted another.. He took it strait away.. So I'll up the size next week

Just remember not to ova feed , i know my girl would eat daily if i let her lol.

So if this good size is two small would I be ok to feed him 2 twice a week then buy fuzzies next time and go back to once a week

Yep i reckon that sounds like a plan :) also a tip i learnt from someone on here is to use a pillow case to get them out....worked a treat for me :)

The bites don't really bother me, and he bites just as much in Nd out of his tank.. I thought using a fabrics because it can hurt their teeth

Alexbee u sound just lovely ! worried the fabric might hurt his teeth. Im not sure about that one but so sweet that u care :)

Haha I read a forum a while ago saying their teeth get caught and they can break off/cause injury..

I have a 4yr old Bredli & an 18 month old. The older one is the spawn of Satan & when she whacks you, you really know you've been whacked. The younger one is an absolute angel. Crawls out to greet me when i open her enclosure. My opinion on your baby is that it is hungry, very hungry. One pinky a week for a 4 month old Bredli is nowhere near enough IMO. I would give him 2 every 5 days & then move him on to fuzzies asap. Leave him alone for a couple of weeks between feeds & you may just end up with a very different snake.

That was my gut feeling, but I called the breeder and she said don't go up to fuzzies... I'll take your advice hey..

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you @puppasmurf I now have a different snake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back