Random question thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

princessparrot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I always come up with questions and have no idea where or who to ask...
my current question is do/can ticks kill birds like they do with cats, dogs, ect? I know reptiles(or some anyway) can last awhile with them but how bout birds?

Yes they can kill birds... I've mostly seen tick paralysis in water birds- they spend more tike on the ground, and particularly because they are obviously near bodies of water where there are generally more ticks to start with.

Can u sell kids on ebay? :p
Probably, but I wouldn't recommend it

- - - Updated - - -

Yes they can kill birds... I've mostly seen tick paralysis in water birds- they spend more tike on the ground, and particularly because they are obviously near bodies of water where there are generally more ticks to start with.
How bout Quakers, teils, and princess parrots? Just I quite often find them on me after being down our coast house(with wetlands behind) and am just concerned on what would happen if one got on my babies

It is possible, yes. Somewhat less likely- for one, parrots tend to be better at preening in a way- they should be able to grasp a tick if within reach. Also as they spend more time up on perches, reduces their risk. If they were constantly foraging on the ground it is possible. Some animals will have somewhat of a natural immunity or resistance to the toxin but it depends on the individual

so, i would not say itis impossible for them to suffer from tick paralysis.

Do snakes fart?

YES! lol mine does. When i take her out n she is about 2 do her number twos she lets them rip its gross but very real lol i always watch too lol its yuk but yeah cant help but take a peek 4 sum weird reason. Squishy icky farts lol :p

YES! lol mine does. When i take her out n she is about 2 do her number twos she lets them rip its gross but very real lol i always watch too lol its yuk but yeah cant help but take a peek 4 sum weird reason. Squishy icky farts lol :p

Monty your getting close too crossing the line here I think :)

I have three more questions:
how do you tell what sex an eastern blue tongue is?
can eastern(not gippsland) water dragons live outside in canberra?
and do australian land hermit crabs hibernate.(I never see mine ATM)

- - - Updated - - -

When should I extend the time between my womas feeding(she's currently eating hopper rats one a week)

Princessparrot what r u a copper? LOL thats alota questions :p
Im joking. Umm gotta get ur blue tongue probed as far as i know and other 3 questions i have no idea.

I didn't think sexing a blue tongue was possible either visually or by probing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't think sexing a blue tongue was possible either visually or by probing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actually andynic i think ur right :)
theres other factors from what ive read on here but a tricky one to sex by the sounds of it!

- - - Updated - - -

Why do they make edible stickers for fruit taste bad? Lol

Last edited:
Why do those with the least to say have the loudest voices?

Why do those with the least to say have the loudest voices?
no need for the riddles lawra :) im just a bubbly person that likes to joke and smile :) if that annoys you im sorry but im not sorry for being me.

Best way is to breed it I guess. Some of the blue tongue experts may be able to tell visually if it is old enough.

I personally was taught by a eastern breeder to tell by head shape the males tend to have a more dominant head wider stronger looking, this is easier to see if you have the two sexes side by side.
I personally have had 100% accuracy with this method but i can only tell as adolescent or older.

Cheers Jacob

no need for the riddles lawra :) im just a bubbly person that likes to joke and smile :) if that annoys you im sorry but im not sorry for being me.
My dear Mrs Rainbow!!! I didn't mean you at all :(It's a rhetorical question which often plagues my thoughts and is most certainly not pointedly aimed at you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back